Info and opinion on older Case

/ Info and opinion on older Case #1  

maverick302

Tractor
None
Hello all,

I am generally the type that likes to thoroughly research and make an educated and confident decision on a purchase such as this, but circumstances require I forego my methods and work with what I'm given. Long story short, I have the opportunity to buy the tractor shown below from someone whom I (and my father) have done work for in the past. He knows nothing about it, even though he recently spent a couple grand restoring it. I had to do a reverse google image search just to find out it was a Case.

It looks really nice in the pictures, but it's obviously been repainted, so it might be a cherry, or it could be a trash heap that's been freshened up.

It is currently at his getaway house in the mountains, about 3 hrs away. We are going to make a weekend trip up to check it out, but since I don't know what model it is, or even if it's gas or diesel, can anyone give any insight at all into what I am looking at? What should I be looking for? Any questions I could try to ask him? Any thoughts on the value?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 95
   / Info and opinion on older Case #4  
Look past the paint. Run it at least long enough to get everything warmed up. Check out it's features just like shopping for a used car/truck. 3pt, PTO, clutch, trans gears, hydraulics, etc.

Trying going online and finding parts for it. The tractor is going to break down. If you can't find parts it's not of much value.

I can't help you on an estimated value. These tractors are very rare in my area.

/ Info and opinion on older Case
Based on some responses at YesterdaysTractors it seems to be a 411b. Any thoughts on value or opinions of the model?

/ Info and opinion on older Case #6  
As a guy with a little case stuff in my back ground, i have to agree might be an 730 or 830. They would be maybe late 60's tractor. The 70 series came along in 70's and that looks like a 30 series tractor. Case tractors were a fairly decent tractor. Their hydraulics and brakes on a case tractor were never any thing to brag about. I had a 930 with a loader and a hit a hole with a big round bale on the loader and it busted the front spindle. I kind of blame that on me hitting the hole and not the tractor. As far as parts availability. Case and ih merged. And ther is still some of these tractors around here in the midwest. I would find a case ih dealer and ask about parts. But if it is a relatively sound tractor i would not be afraid of it.

/ Info and opinion on older Case #7  
Based on some responses at YesterdaysTractors it seems to be a 411b. Any thoughts on value or opinions of the model?
That is going a little farther back, like maybe early 60's. Basically everyone refered to those tractors as the 400 case. They had gas, diesel, and propane versions of the "400 case". The deal was case decided to call them say 401 for the gas, 402 say for ths diesel and so on and so forth. Their model numbers never really resignated with the man on the street and i cant tell you what numbers went to what. We Always said we had a 400 case gas, 400 case diesel, or 400 case propane. The 400 case was also a decent tractor. Seemed like the diesel had a little more hp that the gas propane. They were maybe 50 hp give or take. The were no match power wise to the 830 and 930 case. I'm going to study that picture some more, but the front end dont quite look like a 400 case

/ Info and opinion on older Case #8  
its not a 730 or 830 we have one and its way bigger than the one pictured.i think they made a 630 and a 530 too

/ Info and opinion on older Case #9  
Either 730, 830 or 930. Based on tire size I would rule out it being a 930. Could be gas or diesel, as there is no propane tank.

/ Info and opinion on older Case #10  
The front end looks More like a 30 series tractor. However, the back and rear fenders look more like a 400case. Is it a 530 of 630 case??? I cant really tell for sure. I" m pretty reasonably certain that its not a 930. And i dont think it is a 400 case. The front end grill and lights look 30 series, not a 400 look.