Info on B23

/ Info on B23 #1  

Muskrat84

This is my first post. I've been lurking in the shadows for about 6 months now, dreaming of owning a Kubota. Right now I only have 2.33 acres with about 1 acre of mowing. It could very easily turn into about 10 acres, mostly pasture for horses. I think a BX23/24/25 would be great for me, but I also think a small B such as a B21 would work well. My current budget is about 10k so I know a new one is out of the question. I do want a backhoe though.

I was offered a 2003 B23 for $9500. Comes with loader and backhoe. It has 1000hrs on it. I dont know if any other attachments come with it, but thats not important right now. After doing a search here and google I cant find any information on a 2003 B23. Anyone have any info they can give me. Thanks

Muskrat

/ Info on B23 #2  
There is no B23 model from 2003.

Kubota BX23

The BX23 is the BX TLB model 2 revs back. The replacement was the BX24 and now BX25.

The price does not seem to bad if it is a BX23. I have seen ones with much lower hours sell for around $11,500 or so in this area.

/ Info on B23
Thats kinda what I figured. If I cant find anything about it on google, it probably doesnt exist...

I guess I'll have to figure out what it really is and go from there. Thanks

/ Info on B23
Found out its actually a B21 after having him go down to the barn and look at it. Does not come with any attachments, just loader and bh. Has R4's on it 40% front 90% rear. Sounds like a good price.

I also got another offer. "2005 Kubota B7510 Front end loader, tooth bar, three point, mid and rear pto, folding rops, 72" finish mower, 5 ft box blade, quick tatch three point, rear blade, front snow blade, hydrostat 4wd, front end weight kit 73 hours" They are asking 10.5k for it. How does that sound as far as price goes? It sounds really good to me, just want to get some feedback.

/ Info on B23 #5  
Right now I only have 2.33 acres I think a BX23. .
would be great for me
Muskrat

Here is my BX23 on my 2.33 acres.L B
100_2321.jpg

Last edited:
   / Info on B23 #6  
Muskrat,
I have a BX23 TBL with many attachments and I'm a believer of what this compact tractor can do. I have 10 acres and mow 2, brush along fence line and have dug septic and drain tile lines. I have a BX2750 snowblower for my 250' driveway. All I can say is WOW! I have owned other larger tractors in the past, but with the BX23 I can do it all without ruining the lawn when I drive over it. Just my opinion but I believe it is one of the most dependable do all tractors out there.
Devildog

/ Info on B23
What do you guys think about the B21 and the B7510? I havent found a BX2x around me that is for sale, but the prices of the B21 and B7510 are within my budget. Any strengths or weaknesses? Why would you choose one over the other? I know a BX2x (wishes BX25) would definitely do what I need it to, but at the same time the slightly larger tractor with slightly more ground clearance would also be nice. I wont be mowing and hills but will be driving up and down then quite a bit doing FEL and other misc. work.

/ Info on B23 #8  
What do you guys think about the B21 and the B7510? I havent found a BX2x around me that is for sale, but the prices of the B21 and B7510 are within my budget. Any strengths or weaknesses? Why would you choose one over the other? I know a BX2x (wishes BX25) would definitely do what I need it to, but at the same time the slightly larger tractor with slightly more ground clearance would also be nice. I wont be mowing and hills but will be driving up and down then quite a bit doing FEL and other misc. work.

The only issues with B21's is a LOT OF THEM were rental units. The B21 is Kubota's small "B" series industrial TLB. The FEL does not remove, it is permanently attached. Depending on your space, it could be a problem mowing with the FEL attached. Also, I don't thnk there is a mid pto option on the B21 so you would need to use a rear finish mower. The backhoe is removable. If this was a rental, you never know how it was treated. If it was homeowner owned than the $9500 is a good deal as long as the tractor is good shape.

The B7510 is one of the smallest "B" series. It is equivalent to the new Bxx20 series. The price is good for what it includes but you would still need to spend probably $4-$5000 to add a backhoe to it. From the hours it sounds basically new.

If you really need the backhoe, the B21 is a nice unit. If you could hold off on the backhoe for now the B7510 would probably do everything you need it to do and sounds basically new with the low hours. It also includes everything you need to start off with other than the hoe.

/ Info on B23 #9  
I would not hesitate, as it will be a real welcome to your place. the size sounds like a purfect match, and the BX23 IMHO was the end of an era for quality from Kubota when compared to the 24 and 25. The parts are stout, the hydralics seem larger in size, the welds appeared to be mostly ASME class acceptable, and less use of cheezy plastic.
I have the BX23 TLB and a 60" MMM. the BH comes in handy when you really wish you had one, oh, and the maintence is as easy as grease, oil, filter, and fuel.
Its a little workhorse in a pint size package, you won't be dissapointed.

/ Info on B23 #10  
I think for all around use that I would choose the B7510 with virtually no hours. The loader on the B21 can't be removed, and the PTO hp is less than the B7510. The B7510 is lighter for running around in areas that you don't want to damage, and will do the jobs that a tractor that size, and weight can do. If you really need a backhoe right now for that price, I would keep looking. Some of the things you mentioned like the front tires being worn so much more than the rears lead me to believe that it was used on hard ground, or pavement a lot while in 4wd. That also indicates that it was used by folks not familiar with the proper operation of the tractor. If I were to buy a B21 it would be a low hour dealer rental perhaps, but not a general rental unit, or one hammered on. 1000 hours isn't a lot of hours on a tractor but is quite a bit on a TLB used improperly.