Buying Advice Info on mahindra 2538

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #101  
I've got 60 acres and just had about 45 logged off with about 15 acres of old fields cleared for my sheep. I've got a lot of brush to move. What clinched it for me was 1. No dpf and regen, 2. The Kubota dealer said Mahindra was junk, 3. The Kubota dealer is in the process of being sold. I don't care if Mahindra had TYM build it.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #103  
I've got 60 acres and just had about 45 logged off with about 15 acres of old fields cleared for my sheep. I've got a lot of brush to move. What clinched it for me was 1. No dpf and regen, 2. The Kubota dealer said Mahindra was junk, 3. The Kubota dealer is in the process of being sold. I don't care if Mahindra had TYM build it.

Good reasons. Similar to mine.

I feel like the new 2538 has cruise?

Nice! it was a really cheap upgrade and I would not be surprised to see it on there now. Mine is a gen 1 first year run from late 2015. Runs like a beast and only glitch was needing an ECU reflash as Mahindra figured out the optimal curves for performance after release.

With all of that logging cleanup I might humbly suggest having an outfit come in and help you do some slash cleanup with a skid steer or two and grapples. I have 16 acres that was logged of its pines just before we purchased in 2015 and the loggers left a big mess of slash and tops. It would have taken me years of my part time efforts to get it all piled and burned, but in just a week with a competent cleanup crew that had a skidsteer, I had a really good foundation laid where I can manage now with the 2538. Just food for thought. You might also want some of those stumps either mulched flush or dug out with an excavator.

Enjoy your land and your machine!

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #104  
My nephew is here right now with his industrial jd backhoe doing most of it

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #105  
I own a kubota L2501 that is my primary field tractor. I only use it for 3PH work and it's a gear drive. I love it, but it doesn't have much hydraulic capacity. The Kubota dealer at the time told me the jury was out on DPF and the whole tier iv thing, but now he's saying Mahindra is junk?

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #106  
My 2538 is just about two years old now and has been back to the dealer for (1), faulty dash (replaced under warranty, (2) leak from poorly installed hydraulic lines (replacement under warranty), and (3) imploded PTO (replacement under warranty.

The dealership has been phenomenal, the tractor, at about 230 hours, seems to break more than it should under normal usage

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #107  
My 2538 is just about two years old now and has been back to the dealer for (1), faulty dash (replaced under warranty, (2) leak from poorly installed hydraulic lines (replacement under warranty), and (3) imploded PTO (replacement under warranty.

The dealership has been phenomenal, the tractor, at about 230 hours, seems to break more than it should under normal usage

The first two seem easy enough to fix, the third would be more worrysome. Hopefully you get a lot more hours out of it without anymore headaches. They say bad things come in 3's so your tractor should be running good now.:eek:

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #108  
I got rid of it last month after the hydraulic system puked it’s entire contents all over my new driveway. No logical reason. Dealer said it was the steel pipe or rubber elbow underneath. Warranty repair, but enough was enough. I expect the Mitsubishi Mahindra tractors are probably OK, but you couldn’t pay me to own another TYM-made one. Exceptional dealership however. They owned up to everything, picked up/dropped off for free.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #109  
I got rid of it last month after the hydraulic system puked it’s entire contents all over my new driveway. No logical reason. Dealer said it was the steel pipe or rubber elbow underneath. Warranty repair, but enough was enough. I expect the Mitsubishi Mahindra tractors are probably OK, but you couldn’t pay me to own another TYM-made one. Exceptional dealership however. They owned up to everything, picked up/dropped off for free.

That's too bad. What will you replace with.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #110  
they gave me a deal on a Max 26 XLT that was simply too good to refuse. I am hopeful that this Mitsubishi-made tractor will be trouble-free. I also picked up a 2009 John Deere 5045D.