Info on Posting Tractor Photos

/ Info on Posting Tractor Photos #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Greetings,

Here are some basic instructions for uploading photos of your tractor to this forum.

First, the photos you upload must be yours, or you must have permission to use the photos you are uploading. Please don't upload copyrighted manufacturer photos, as they will be deleted.

To upload a photo...

1) You must have the photo saved on your hard drive as a .JPG or .GIF file less than 500kb in file size. We recommend .JPG files since they maintain a better image quality than the .GIF files.

2) Once you have your photo ready to upload, post a new message to this forum. When you are posting your message, make sure the I want to preview my post and/or attach a file. checkbox is checked. Once you click continue, below your message you will see a 'Browse...' button. Click this button to find the photo on your hard drive. A 'Choose file' window will open and allow you to select your photo. Once you have selected your photo, click 'Open'. Now, your post is ready. Click 'Continue' to post your message with your photo. Please be patient through this process, since your photo may take up to several minutes to upload, depending on how large the file is and what you connection speed is.

3) Once you have posted your message with your photo attached, click 'View Your Message' on the page after you post. This will take you to your message.

4) Once you are viewing your message, you will see a link to the right of 'Attachment:' under 'Date Posted'. Click that link to view your photo.

If you have any questions, please post them to Forum Feedback.

Thanks, and enjoy the forum!

msig.gif

/ Info on Posting Tractor Photos #2  
Nice addition Muhammad! I'm sure it will be inundated shortly with tractor pictures of all types! Including my old L175/L1500!

/ Info on Posting Tractor Photos #3  
Muhammad,

This is neat, but I had envisioned the option to have ones tractor to view in the edit profile area so that when you clicked on a members name you could see their profile and tractor picture if available. There is a place there now for a picture, but only 65 x 75 pixels. Could a field be added in the edit profile area to accomodate this?

Another thought, is it possible to have a choice from the login screen to 'return to previous activity' or the choice of 'past 24 hours' as an option? It would be easier than having to start over to find the message you read and want to reply to. Does this make any sense and thanks again for an outstanding board!

/ Info on Posting Tractor Photos
Rick,

That will be another feature... this is just a forum for general tractor photos...

<font color=blue>Does this make any sense</font color=blue>

Could you explain that again? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I don't quite understand what you are suggesting. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Info on Posting Tractor Photos #5  
Muhammed,

I was afraid I might have not explained that well enough. This topic should probably be in the feedback forum anyway. I'll try again though. When I come to visit here I usually just go straight to the view recent messages 'past 24 hours' and am not logged in. From there I can catch up on any threads I've been following, but if I want to respond or reply then I need to login. To login takes me away from the thread I was reading, and after successfully logging in there is no way back to the thread without having to start over from 'Main Index' or 'Search' buttons. Worse is many times I am not watching to know which forum it is in for the thread I was just reading. So after several long mouse-clicks later I get back to the 'past 24 hours' screen and find the thread and individual message I chose to make a comment. Is there an easier way to do this or have I been clear as mud again?

Rick,

The ideal way to view the forum is to first login, then go to the main index, and then go to the forums that have new messages since your last login. These are marked with the new messages text under the total posts in the forum.

Once you are in the forum, the new messages are marked with yellow folders, or if a thread, also with a 'new' image next to the number of replies. This way, you only view the threads with new messages...

Or, if you want to go from the 24 hour page, then I would login first.

msig.gif

Photo Size

Another note... when posting your photos, please try to keep them under 10" wide in 72dpi resolution.

msig.gif