Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #11  
On a john deere 224 baler can the plunger head come out the back of the bale chute to ckeck the plunger rollers? Or is that the only way it cones out?

Does anybody no the part numbers for the plunger rollers on this baler? Seems that there is little info on part numbers on the web. Plus not being very computer savvy may have alot to do with it too.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #12  
Plungerhead rollers are AE15137. Quantity used is 5. That number is actually obsolete and subs to a AE30220. These are still available.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #13  
I'll post price of brg so it won't be such a shock at dealership. AE30220 ROLLER PLUNGERHEAD 68.12 USD

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #15  
That's a little pricey ain't it. Ima gonna see ifin them bearings have any
Numbers on them and ifin they do gonna see ifin that bearing company IBT can
Cross match em. Mite be a little cheaper.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #16  
Ok thanks.

Well i was n the process of taking plunger head out it got so far then stopped. Started looking thangs over
And ima guessing that the knife on the plunger head needs to come off does that sound right? It looks like it was hitting one of them ribs that stick out on the bale chamber.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #17  
I never remove PH knife before removing PH from bale case on my JD 347 If PH removal is similar to my 347 one needs to remove carriage bolts(key 4) that attaches needle frame to bale case. On my 347 bushings(key 7) that needle frame pivots on protrude into recess in bale case to hold needle frame in place. If your baler has hay restrictors(wedges key 32) then they require removal plus I always block hay dogs out of chamber.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 91
   / Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #18  
I never remove PH knife before removing PH from bale case on my JD 347 If PH removal is similar to my 347 one needs to remove carriage bolts(key 4) that attaches needle frame to bale case. On my 347 bushings(key 7) that needle frame pivots on protrude into recess in bale case to hold needle frame in place. If your baler has hay restrictors(wedges key 32) then they require removal plus I always block hay dogs out of chamber.

Ok i got the ph out. The wedges r worn plum out. Would u no the part number for them there wedges? Got one roller that is locked up and one wear plate on ph that is broke. Can u take them wear plates and turn them over or do they have to b replaced. For the most part the wear plates r n perty good shape there is one that has just a little bevel to it.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #19  
The wedges are E21274. The wear pads are not made to be flipped over. The bolt holes are recessed on only one side. If they are only worn, you can put shims under them to take up excess play. The larger ones on top are E14569 and the shims for the large ones are E11740 for thin shims and E11741 for thick ones. The small wear pad is BP14278 and the shims are E19802.

/ Info on Used JD 224 Series Square Baler #20  
JD is very proud of the wedge & wear pad. E21274 SIDE HAY RESISTOR ADD 47.70 USD BP14278 PLUNGERHEAD RIGHT SIDE WEAR ADD 27.22 USD