Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes
Re: Ingersoll-Rand Bobcat A220 AWS...

JM III - Strange - I didn't think that was your style: to start something then bolt for shelter. Seems to me that was somebody else's game... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #12  
Re: Ingersoll-Rand Bobcat A220 AWS...

In my opinion you done well staying away from the AWS Bobcat that picture in the above post is exactly what there good for, carrying pallets of sod across delicate surfaces, I like skid-steers as a general rule but this AWS Bobcat will not dig, even in a pit that has been dug up many times (loose dirt) I have been on them I tried it, its a dog, same basic machine as 863 except drive pumps and evidently much lower drive pressure due to the AWS feature, you cant get a bucket of dirt before it stalls.

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #13  
Hey Mark,

If you know of anybody looking for an EF5 there is one up here at a dealer with 290 hours,side shift and 4-1 bucket for $44,000 CDN with warranty. Is this a good price?

Woodbeef - That's not a bad price. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is these days but, depending on that, it may be an excellent one. I'll let a few guys I know who're interested in getting one know about it. Thanks!

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #15  
The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.exchangerate.com>exchange rate</A> as of 5/24 was 1.535575 making that $44,000 CDN equal to $28,654 US.

Thanks, Mike. Based on that, it's a very good deal. And if it's got a sideshift backhoe, it may have other options, too, which would make it even better.

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #17  
Hey Mark,

It is at Kitchener Tractor about an hour west of Toronto #519-696-2568

Unfortunately, I do not think they close for moose hunting season though,Mark!!

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #18  
I recently purchased a used EF4 and have found it to be a great machine. The only attachment I have installed is a thumb so far. I am concerned about parts and service now that Earthforce appears to be out of business and off the web as an inderpent company. The local dealers are dropping the product line and my conversations with Mr. Sweet at Earthforce haven't shed much light on the future. But hey, this machine only has 400 hrs on it and won't need parts for a long while!

Fecteau - I wouldn't worry about parts and service availability for EarthForce - pretty soon they'll be everywhere you look. Bobcat is working on some "Americanizing" stuff right now, but every Bobcat dealer is going to be able to get parts for all of them. I don't think they're quite sure how they're going to handle the dealer sales of the larger units, though. Originally, they said Bobcat dealers were going to sell 250-size on down and Ingersoll-Rand dealers were going to sell 250-size up, but I already know of a Bobcat dealer than can get 400 and 500 machines. The whole deal is still in a state of flux, though, so more changes are inevitable. But, either way, whatever they call them, and whoever gets to sell them, I-R and Bobcat are putting a lot of money and effort into the product line, so they're not going away.

/ Ingersoll-Rand Loader-Backhoes #20  
Mark, thanks for the reassurance. Like I said this machine dosen't have many hrs on it and hasn't been beat. The previous owner sold it with a trailer after breaking his back in a snowmobile accident. At this time he is only able to move his left arm and head. The dealer he purchased it from said it was only worth 50% of what he paid for it! It is a strong machine and will grab and pick up huge rocks, the thumb makes it possible to to place them easilly. What is the thumb you have attached?