Oil & Fuel Injection Pump Problem

/ Injection Pump Problem #31  
Should I be able to feel when each piston build compresion individualy?

Yep, as each piston comes up on compression there should be definite resistance until it goes over TDC then it will push the piston down.:thumbsup:

/ Injection Pump Problem
So before I get a full turn on the crank I should feal 4 points of resistance prettymuch. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks

/ Injection Pump Problem #33  
So before I get a full turn on the crank I should feal 4 points of resistance prettymuch. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks

Just 2.

/ Injection Pump Problem
Okay I will try it tomorrow and see what I come up with. If it is a stuck valve how would I fix it? Take the head off?

/ Injection Pump Problem
I can feel that it has 2 compression points each revolution but i can tell its weak.

So i pulled the motor and brought it inside to pull it apart

ForumRunner_20120126_220531.png

/ Injection Pump Problem #36  
Nice! Can't wait to see what you'll find. :thumbsup:

/ Injection Pump Problem #37  
westtt80 I'm rooting for you. Like the way your going at fixing it :thumbsup:

/ Injection Pump Problem
ForumRunner_20120128_000535.png Well i laid in bed tonight and couldnt sleep so i went out and tore down.

The cylinders have some build up on the walls.
ForumRunner_20120128_000558.png

Alot of junk fell on top of the pistons when i pulled the gasket off
ForumRunner_20120128_000625.png

ForumRunner_20120128_000650.png

ForumRunner_20120128_000713.png

ForumRunner_20120128_000740.png

ForumRunner_20120128_000757.png

The intake and exhaust valves are a definitely a big problem with the starting. #1 the ports are all junked up. i honestly think i pulled out a mouse carcass out of one of the intake ports. turned it on its side and filled the ports with marvel mystery oil to loosen up more of the junk on the port walls. #2 the oil started coming through the valves as if they are not seating right. Not all of them i think 3.
ForumRunner_20120128_000811.png

ForumRunner_20120128_000824.png

Last edited:
   / Injection Pump Problem
I put about a 1/4 inch of the mystery oil in each cylinder to see if the oil is gone by the morning on any of them. I donk know iff it should be or not? But I'm sure it will be.

ForumRunner_20120128_001804.png

The valves may explain the no start but i was still getting smoke from the crank case. Ive been told if i can get it to fire and build heat the rings should unstuck and be fine.

I want to avoid pulling the pistons unless im sure i have to. Even if i had a compression tester it would have read low compression with the valves not seating. i guess i can take care of the valves and get your guys input on where to go from there.

i checked the glow plugs again and all 4 work i must have not had a good connection when i tested them before

Another question what can i use to scrub the cylinder walls?

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement

Last edited:
   / Injection Pump Problem
Went out this morning and this is what I found.

ForumRunner_20120128_093155.png

They all seemed to be at the same level with oil except for cylinder 4. It was empty..

The oil in the intake and exhaust ports on the head never dropped. I'm going to get a valve spring tool hopefully Monday and take the valves out and clean the head up.