Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke #1  

Bo Man

Tractor
Workhorse Y 385
Hello.... I'm excited to be here on the forum and would like someone to help me figure out why my little tractor is blowing white
smoke now after changing the injector pump. I have a workhorse 28hp with the y385 engine. I anyone knows about these Chinese
tractors and can lead me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you and God bless you....
Bo

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke #2  
Tell us more.
How many hours?
What type of work does it do?
When was last service? (What was done??)
White smoke? How is the coolant level?

Who changed the IP and why?

:welcome:

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke #3  
White smoke from a running diesel can usually be associated with unburned fuel. (Is there something in the air that makes your eyes burn too?)

A new injector pump could require additional bleeding of trapped air at the injectors. If air is in the lines, pressure will not build to provide useful spray and atomization in the combustion chamber.

Then too, there could be something defective in the replacement pump or something may have gone wrong during the installation.

There are quite a few details associated with direct injection. It will be very difficult to pinpoint your troubles based on the present information. Add to that the infrequent exposure of many people to the make and model, and things get very obscure.

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke #4  
There should be a timing line on the mounting flange on injection pump.. loosen the pump & turn it one way or the other about A DIMES WIDTH from the line on the engine block & the pump.. Its sounds like a timing issue.?? WHO put the pump on??
WHY was it changed?? What are the #'s on the pump name plate??

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke #5  
There should be a timing line on the mounting flange on injection pump.. loosen the pump & turn it one way or the other about A DIMES WIDTH from the line on the engine block & the pump.. Its sounds like a timing issue.?? WHO put the pump on??
WHY was it changed?? What are the #'s on the pump name plate??

Several things as mentioned but retarded timing will definitely produce white smoke.

/ Injector pump replaced and now blowing white smoke
Thank you for all the support.... I'm realizing it's not just a simple question... the tractor has only 60 hrs. on it and ran the IP out of oil and quit running. Just used for home use like grading and such. The coolant level is fine as well. I'm thinking it might just be off a tooth in the timing. I'm new at these things and will do more homework to get this going in the right direction. I will post other questions as they arise.
Thanks again for all your responses.
Bo