injector removal yanmar engine

/ injector removal yanmar engine #1  

ricebird

Tractor
650 , 4630, 1530, 555,
I have a small john deere tractor 950 with a yanmar diesel engine. i need to remove the injectors , i have taken the bolts out and lines and holder i tried to wiggle the injector to remove them. is there a special tool or trick to remove these injectors? i have just pulled injectors out on larger john deere motors but this yanmar has not popped up so far Thanks

/ injector removal yanmar engine #2  
Only loosen the bolts that hold the injectors and then turn the engine over by hand to build pressure and it should pop the injector out.

Hopefully this helps!!

/ injector removal yanmar engine #3  
Yes there is a special tool..
I bought 1 from Hoye..
They rent the tool also..
U can unscrew the hold down studs and try to turn it to loosen it up.. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL.. if u use an adjustable wrench, there’s a chance u can crush the inlet.!!!
What I did was, screw the line in a little into the injector so it keeps its shape..
Good luck

/ injector removal yanmar engine #4  
I built a tool. They can be a real mofo. I think I removed everything but the lower injector body and welded together a bolt/adapter that I could use with a slide hammer.

Attachments

• 1BC51774-1610-4028-BBA5-B8F1A504F210.jpeg
    1BC51774-1610-4028-BBA5-B8F1A504F210.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 168
   / injector removal yanmar engine #5  
I tried a return bolt on a slide hammer but no go..
The tool from Hoye is the upper body blank w threads that screws down into the stuck lower portion of the injector.(nozzle nut) on a large slide hammer..
My injectors were so stuck, I thought I was going to have to pull the head.
I just kept at it, almost pulling the front wheels off the ground.!! Lol