injectors

/ injectors #1  

troy fox

Tractor
i am having a problem finding a alternate fuel injector for a y385t #zs1s4 the injector nozzles do not atomize fuel as the should ? (New zs1s4 nozzles)

/ injectors
are there any nozzle replacements that will better atomize the fuel ? thanks

/ injectors #3  
Hmmm, searching for "y385t fuel injector", I'm seeing several injectors. Is the "T" a Turbo? That may be a difference in pressure between a turbo version and non-turbo version.

AliExpress is reasonably easy to use. $70 something for 3 of them, I think.

Does the photo look right?

/ injectors
the t just stands for the tractor version ,same as the rest of the y385s other than rpm and timing ,yes those are the ones i have .out of 8 that i have none of them spray a decent pattern even the new ones are not much better set them popping at 1800 to 2k pounds didn't make a lot of diff.

/ injectors #5  
I'd imagine there is a huge similarity between mechanical injectors across brands, and even across applications. Pretty much you need to match the threads, the high pressure, and the return lines.

In the past I've been very frustrated with cross referencing car parts that were close enough, and finding important specs on parts.

I don't know if that has gotten any better over the years.

/ injectors
those are the injectors that are in it but i thought maybe someone had the same experience crossing something over as far as the nozzles ,i have been replacing the whole injectors because i can buy the whole injector as cheap as i can buy nozzles . i have plenty of housings to put the nozzles in ,just not nozzles that work correctly ,i am not shure i can do anything with the ones i have but it has been my experience other than cleaning them ,throw them away and buy more .those older engines run at such a low pressure it has a hard time atomizing the fuel 1928#+/-75# according to the spec sheet on the engine . have had good luck with bosch nozzles and i am shure they make something just not shure whitch way to go as far as what to look for as far what size nozzle and spray pattern .

Last edited:
   / injectors #7  
Nozzles are available on eBay..
Are u torquing the noz nut.?
Are u testing it correctly.. it’s a throttling pintle type.. it won’t atomize the fuel if slowly pushing the handle on your pop tester..

/ injectors
as far as torque specs i have none i have been tightening to (GNT) specs.was looking on circle g site they offer a alternative injector cant tell but it has a smaller nozzle and i think it is a multi hole nozzle but the housing is different than the ones i have ,lines may bend enough but 50/50 chance they break if they were long enough .yea i am racking the pop tester (hard) to make em chatter but to no aval .

Last edited:
   / injectors #9  
The spec on the noz nut is 50-55 ftlbs..
Do not put a different injector in the engine..
Use Google and type in the noz number.. it comes up..
$22.50 each..

/ injectors
that was what i didnt want to do was get to much fuel to it and wash the cyl. or get the wrong pattern and hurt more than help .have learned some very expensive lessons on changing fuel ratios

Last edited: