Input Shaft Seal Leaking on my MX5000

/ Input Shaft Seal Leaking on my MX5000 #1  

mr.wayne

At about 10 hrs. I noticed oil dripping from the clutch housing. Contacted dealer and brought in. Took about 2 weeks to get the seal in. Now with 21 hrs. on my tractor, oil is dripping from the clutch housing again. Called the dealer today, of course they said bring it in, we'll fix it. Has anyone had or heard of this problem to reoccur so soon? I told the dealer to give me another tractor and he could do what ever he wanted with this one. Of course ya'll know the answer he gave me, right? Any way I'm waiting on a call from the Kubota rep. I doubt it does anygood, but I'm gonna bend his ear a little. Really was just wondering if this problems happens often on these kubotas?
Thanks Wayne

/ Input Shaft Seal Leaking on my MX5000 #2  
It hasn't happended to me, and I'm sorry it is to you. I am happy with my MX5000. I am interested in hearing what kind of satisfaction you get, as well as the technical explanation for the problem. I hope that once you get over this bump, the road will be smoother. Good luck.

/ Input Shaft Seal Leaking on my MX5000 #3  
Sorry to hear your having problems with your tractor. So far my MX5000 has been a pure joy. This sounds like the surface areas need to be milled or the tech needs to learn how to tork things down correctly. Keep us posted.

/ Input Shaft Seal Leaking on my MX5000 #4  
If it does it again.. ( and i assume this is a trans input shaft seal ).. I'd make sure someone is checking thee bearing. not many things will eat a seal as fast as a bearing that is going bad. also.. has there been inordinate wear at the seal lip.. IE.. where it may need to be sleaved?

soundguy