Inside Bed Protection

/ Inside Bed Protection #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I need some ideas on protecting the back side of my bed along with the wheel wells. I have a bad mat which I like, but when I haul lumber and such, it hits the back of the bed or possibly wheel wells and I want to protect it from scratches. I don't want a spray or full liner. Any suggestions? Bed.jpg

/ Inside Bed Protection #2  
What about another bed mat that you can cut and silicone it on the areas you want protected. The silicone will allow you to remove without permanent damage.

/ Inside Bed Protection #3  
A piece of old carpet would work.

/ Inside Bed Protection #4  
My F-250 has a sheet of diamond plate at the head of the bed..... and....tool boxes mounted over the wheel wells...along with that same rubber mat that you show on the bed floor.

/ Inside Bed Protection
Those are some great ideas. The part of a bed mat is something I was thinking of. I wish I could find something like a thick plastic roll that was sticky on one side and removable.

/ Inside Bed Protection #6  
I need some ideas on protecting the back side of my bed along with the wheel wells. I have a bad mat which I like, but when I haul lumber and such, it hits the back of the bed or possibly wheel wells and I want to protect it from scratches. I don't want a spray or full liner. Any suggestions?View attachment 668810
what you need is a full liner, but you don't want that for some reason, but, that will protect your truck!. I have 3 dodge rams with full bed liners, they work perfectly without any problems!..

/ Inside Bed Protection #7  
I can't imagine that you can add anything that will look and work better than a full liner or a spray on liner. I have the factory spray on liner plua a bed mat like yours.

/ Inside Bed Protection #8  
What year/model truck? Several aftermarket companies make protector plates for the front of the bed. I have seen stainless steel and aluminum diamond plate products. These seem to be more common for older trucks (perhaps before factory bedliners became common) but there are some options for newer models.

I owned my last truck 6 years without any protection in the bed. In that time I built 3 barns and did many other projects, and moved a lot of building materials, blocks, concrete, etc. Plenty of scratches in the bed but no rust and no damage to be concerned about. So my advice is to not worry about it. Or if you are worried about it, get a bed liner (now or later, after it's already scratched up). Anything between those two extremes is bound to be inconvenient and a hassle for one type of load or another.

My new truck came with a factory spray-on bedliner and I have to say I like it. The texture is really perfect, not too slippery and not too grippy. About like regular paint.

What I'd really like are some stainless steel or aluminum caps for the bed sides (plastic onces from the factory are wimpy) but nobody makes them for new trucks anymore that I have found.

/ Inside Bed Protection #9  
EDIT: I should recognize that bed, looks similar to my 2020 GMC, so must be a newer Chevy or GMC. Aftermarket options are scarce for these newer models.

/ Inside Bed Protection #10  
I seem to remember seeing a YouTube video where the guy completely sprayed bedliner on his car and then peeled it off.