Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800 #21  
Re: Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800

I called messicks today and i was told that it was discontinued and was $395:confused:

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800 #22  
Re: Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800

they told me 164.00 and shipping today at about 330:confused:

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800 #23  

hench861 said:
they told me 164.00 and shipping today at about 330:confused:
Did you get the kit?

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800 #24  

Thanks for the instructions Dennis! I installed the kit on my B7510 the other day. Pretty much the same with a minor dipstick clearance problem due to one less cylinder on the engine. Things are a little tighter apparently!

Greg

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800

valleydweller1 said:
Thanks for the instructions Dennis! I installed the kit on my B7510 the other day. Pretty much the same with a minor dipstick clearance problem due to one less cylinder on the engine. Things are a little tighter apparently!

Greg

Glad the photo instructions helped.

/ Installation Instructions for Installing the 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a B7800 #26  

For anyone looking to do this upgrade themselves, pay special attention to the parts of Dennis' instructions that talk about re-bending the existing dipstick and not installing the new, smaller dipstick supplied in the kit.

I ordered the alternator option on my new tractor and it came to me with the new, shorter dipstick installed. The only problem with that is that I now have to remove the front grille, so that I can then remove the side engine panel in order to check the oil level. With the replacement dipstick, I cannot check the oil by just opening the hood, which is what you can do by following Dennis' recommendations.