Installed Hydraulic Side Link

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #11  
Cocre, Thanks for the details and pictures. I have used my box blade a lot the last few days and can see where this set up would make life a lot easier.

Thanks again
Dan D.

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #12  
No, currently at its extremes it is set for the right side to lift an inch above the left arm, then lower five inches below the left arm. I can manually adjust the left arm to be longer or a shorter (I moved Deere's easy adjustable right link over to the left side) to move my six inches of travel around so as to get that equal left/right movement if needed, and that is probably what I will do. Using all the of travel to lower the right arm six inches from parallel with the left will tilt the box blade beyond any reasonable need, so splitting the difference should be about perfect.

Instead of switching the adjustable link, was there a reason why you decided to hyd. power the right side, instead of the left??

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link
Instead of switching the adjustable link, was there a reason why you decided to hyd. power the right side, instead of the left??

Three reasons I guess.

1) That's the way many others seem to do it.
2) The control valve is on the right. Running hoses from it to over or under the toplink to get to the cylinder would have been even more of a challenge to prevent hose entanglement. I am always looking back at my implements, I generally always look over my right shoulder. Just easier because the lift control is also on the right.
3) Most of my use will be grading the driveway and cleaning out the ditches. I tend to drive on the right side of the road.

Whichever works for you is the way to go.

Switching the adjustable link on the JD 3320 was about a 30 second job.

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #14  
I know this thread is old but I would like to take advantage of my PowerBeyond hydraulics and set up a system like Cocre's (thank you for posting this!) for a tilt. I have been reading these threads all day and now realize I am more confused than ever. Can someone recommend a two or three valve setup that does not need to be assembled? I went to the suprlus center website thinking I head at least a small clue and realized pretty quickly I do not! I think I need a double acting spring centered with at least one having float, as well as power beyond rated for 9GPM or more?

Thank You - Dana

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #15  
I know this thread is old but I would like to take advantage of my PowerBeyond hydraulics and set up a system like Cocre's (thank you for posting this!) for a tilt. I have been reading these threads all day and now realize I am more confused than ever. Can someone recommend a two or three valve setup that does not need to be assembled? I went to the suprlus center website thinking I head at least a small clue and realized pretty quickly I do not! I think I need a double acting spring centered with at least one having float, as well as power beyond rated for 9GPM or more?

Thank You - Dana

Dana, if you need float on one spool, then your best option is the "stack" valves. The other unibody 2 and 3 spool'ers don't have float. Why are avoiding them?

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #16  
KennyD - I was looking at something like this "2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21GB5C1 DA VALVE W/FLOAT" - would this work? Is this considered a stacked valve? I just need to get something with at least 9gpm flow. I am trying to learn as I read but I am get caught up in the nomeclature. I was just shocked at how many options there are for these valves and was hoping I could start with the correct "body" and handles, figure out how to mount it (as the advice was given in another thread) and go from there.

I truly appreciate your patience...and willingness to help! - Dana

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #17  
Too small, you need at a minimum of the flow that your pump is rated for, or your going to get a lot of extra heat build up. Look farther down the list and you will see larger GPM valves that have what you want. I already made the mistake of only adding 2 spools,:( wish that I would have added 3. Don't make the same mistake.;)

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #18  
KennyD - I was looking at something like this "2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21GB5C1 DA VALVE W/FLOAT" - would this work? Is this considered a stacked valve? I just need to get something with at least 9gpm flow. I am trying to learn as I read but I am get caught up in the nomeclature. I was just shocked at how many options there are for these valves and was hoping I could start with the correct "body" and handles, figure out how to mount it (as the advice was given in another thread) and go from there.

I truly appreciate your patience...and willingness to help! - Dana

Yep...to small. No other ones have the float you say you want. Brings us right back to the stack valves if you need float. Oh, and why do you need float?

You may want to start a new thread also...

/ Installed Hydraulic Side Link #19  
Kennyd - I started a new thread. Thank You for your help! I truly appreciate it. I will be googling stacked valves!