insulation

/ insulation
I got a price for spray foam if I go 3" deep that's going to run me 4k! and 2" is 2,688 for the walls didn't ask about the roof. There are so many ways to insulate a pole barn I think I will go with 2" foam boards on the walls and 2" and put 1 1/2 on top of the 2" for 3 1/2 " in between the purling's with a 6 mil. plastic sheet for the vapor barrier.

/ insulation #22  
Its going to be storage and a work shop so I will use 2" pink boards thru out, as far as building a ceiling I don't think I wanna spend more money on osb for the ceiling panels.
5/8" drywall is much cheaper then osb.
What's the size of your building ?

/ insulation
I should of went bigger 30x40 8 on center.

/ insulation #24  
You would need around 32 12' 4'x8' 5/8" thick drywall for ceiling.

/ insulation
I don't think I really need a ceiling if by chance I want one I would have to take down all the knee braces on both walls!- a 30x40 like mine should be easy enough to heat.

I checked on line and 4x8 x5/8 is pretty cheap at Menards

/ insulation #26  
You can work around the knee bracing. I did with a metal ceiling. If the trusses are on 8 foot centers you will have to add structure for any ceiling. More for drywall than metal.

/ insulation #28  
I just did foam in a little barn I just built and I used the white 4x8 sheets from menards. I liked the idea of foam and I was eager to try it out. I insulated the walls and then the celing and when I finished the celing, I couldnt stand to be in the building because of the foam offgassing. It was so bad that when I walked in side even after i ket the door stand open for a day or two it would give me an instant headache. Its not a common experience but dont make the same mistake I did, a lot of work amd money for a building i cant use. Im going to tear all the faom out And maybe use bubble foil. However the pink (whatever brand that is) advertises no offgassing and environmentaly safe, just my 2 cents

/ insulation
its the pink board with the pic. of the pink panther willie

/ insulation #30  
R value of pink and blue board is r3 per inch. Better than nothing but poly ISO will insulate better.