Insurance?

/ Insurance? #1  

TimberFarm

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3203, Jinma 354 LE, LS MT573
I was at an auction yesterday and there was a late model Case that had been rolled. This got me thinking, what type of insurance would you have to cover this.
If it were an auto you would have collision. Never really thought about it. Only worry is for theft.

/ Insurance?
Photo:
Case IH Rolled.jpeg

/ Insurance? #3  
I have my tractors insured thru my homeowners/ farm policy , they are all listed seperately , I am with Florida Farm Bureau.

/ Insurance?
Is there some sort of a rider in the policy that specifies losses from accidents vs theft, or maybe something like flooding, or fire?
Or is it just blanket coverage...My tractor is worth $70,000 and it is totaled for whatever reason...pay up.

/ Insurance? #6  
Mine are covered for whatever happens, accident or theft, although in Florida we have an additional $500.00 deductible on top of whatever deductible you already have for damage from a named Tropical Storm or Hurricane. I do have them listed for what I believe replacement value is , so it is a set dollar amount that I set.

/ Insurance? #7  
Auto Owners calls it “Special Perils” on the farm policy. I specifically asked about rollovers or upsets as they call it. Each tractor is listed on the schedule. Older one is covered at actual value, the newer Kubota is at replacement cost for its first seven years. That’s nice. :giggle: I’m sure I’m paying for that.

Last edited:
   / Insurance? #8  
My farm policy covers virtually everything with some caveats. My great-nephew was goofing around in one, moved the gearshift out of the park position, and it rolled crunching another tractor pretty bad. Turns out they would not have covered it if tractors were on the same policy but one was listed on my BIL’s policy and the other on my nephews so insurance covered everything including transport to the dealer.I’ve had 3 cab glass claims over the past 6 years and have been told by my agent to be more careful but I only paid $100 glass deductible each.

/ Insurance? #9  
My tractor is insured through my homeowners, roll over insurance was extra.

/ Insurance? #10  
My farm policy covers virtually everything with some caveats. My great-nephew was goofing around in one, moved the gearshift out of the park position, and it rolled crunching another tractor pretty bad. Turns out they would not have covered it if tractors were on the same policy but one was listed on my BIL’s policy and the other on my nephews so insurance covered everything including transport to the dealer.I’ve had 3 cab glass claims over the past 6 years and have been told by my agent to be more careful but I only paid $100 glass deductible each.
You need a pole chainsaw w a sensor attached to your cab