IntellDisplay of PTO RPMs Is Not Working

/ IntellDisplay of PTO RPMs Is Not Working
The lever uses a cable to actuate the PTO valve directly, so the switch is irrelevant to turn the PTO on or off. The switch sends signal to the dashboard, which is then used to prevent the engine from starting with the PTO engaged and also for the dashboard to know when to display PTO RPM. That's why I mentioned the switch and/or the wiring.

Unless you have the L3240 HST-3 which has a different setup and uses a PTO switch and a solenoid valve to engage the PTO. An electric over hydraulic setup.
Thanks!!

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I was unaware the pto is engaged by a cable. The service manual is just not that clear.

After your suggestion, I went digging in the parts manual and found the PTO cable diagram.

/ IntellDisplay of PTO RPMs Is Not Working #12  
Well which version do you have? I know the later ones like mine have a knob that you push and turn to activate the PTO. That knob is electrical only and drives other things like PTSG said to engage the PTO.

Here's something to try: Tractor fully off. Engage your PTO (knob, lever whatever). Step on clutch and try to start the engine. The interlock should prohibit it from starting.