interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #1  

avp27

hi,

i am replacing my water pump on my john deere f935. It runs a yanmar 3TNA72 and the cost of a water pump from JD is pretty $$$ in australia. So I figured I would source an equivalent one from Yanmar. attached is the part from jd, does it look like a interchangeable water pump from another 3 cylinder yanmar ?

cheers, avp27

Attachments

• MP23711________UN19DEC00.gif
    MP23711________UN19DEC00.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 679
   / interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #2  
Well I'm sure some of the dealer/parts experts will weigh in but that one has a thermostat which negates a bunch of the ym yanmar pumps fitting.........Good luck....

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #3  
avp27 said:
hi,

i am replacing my water pump on my john deere f935. It runs a yanmar 3TNA72 and the cost of a water pump from JD is pretty $$$ in australia. So I figured I would source an equivalent one from Yanmar. attached is the part from jd, does it look like a interchangeable water pump from another 3 cylinder yanmar ?

cheers, avp27

I ran into this problem a while back, the pump from JD is $ 210.00 USD in the US and I could not find a pump that matched from Yanmar. A good rebuilder may be able to rebuild the pump, but JD does not offer a rebuild kit or even the seal or shaft for the pump. There is also a problem finding engine parts for the F935.

Danny

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #4  
Try A and T rebuilders in Tupelo Mississippi. They specialize in water pump rebuilds and do yanmars. good luck.

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #5  
Just FYI. Same motor used in JD 430 L&G

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #6  
I know this is a very old post, but I'll share what I found out buy purchasing something that looked like it should fit. The Yanmar pumps (found mine on E-bay, ~$100 USD) for the 3TNA72 fit the engine but not necisarly the tractor. Since the cooling fan is bolted to the pump on my JD 455 AWS garden tractor, the expensive John Deere pump ($450-500) is special and moves the fan up and over about an inch each direction (sorry measured it a while ago). This centers the fan on the radiator and alows for the largest fan possible to be fitted. Needing to get grass cut I put the Yanmar pump on, and cut down the fan blades so they would fit. (new fan is $35 and mine was already slightly damaged) A bit of duct tape to adapt the fan shroud to the smaller fan and the grass was cut. The tractor does run hotter with this setup, but there are other possible contributors to this for my situation. On hot days (90°F+) I stop about every 30-45 minutes after all the fluids have heat soaked and the temp gauge is getting in the upper range. Surface temps are about 200°F on the valve cover and the top of the radiator. Going to have the original pump rebuilt and get the full size fan back on it.

/ interchangable parts - water pump 3TNA72 #7  
I'll share what I found purchasing something that looked like it should fit. The Yanmar pumps (found mine on E-bay, ~$100 USD) for the 3TNA72 fit the engine but not necessarily the tractor. Since the cooling fan is bolted to the pump on my JD 455 AWS garden tractor, the expensive John Deere pump ($450-500) is special and moves the fan up and over about an inch each direction (sorry measured it a while ago). This centers the fan on the radiator... Going to have the original pump rebuilt and get the full size fan back on it.
I wonder if your Yanmar pump guts could simply be installed in the JD pump casting. Free rebuild kit!