Interesting dealer comment

/ Interesting dealer comment #21  
Re: Interesting dealer comment-Nebraska Tractor Te

Yeah John the NTTL came into being as a consumer protection affair. And yes, the law will probably be changed soon as we (USA) are moving into more of a "buyer beware" attitude. Can't let little things like performance and relilability get in the way of profits can we /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The American auto industry has had far more stringent regulations for many years. Crash tests, mileage tests, recall programs, etc.

/ Interesting dealer comment #22  

I thought the NT were about draw weight and pulling power. Since ag tractors pull discs, plows etc. That makes sense, use a standard weight or source of known resistence and then pull it with various tractors for comparitive purposes. Good for an Ag tractor but what good would that do my Kubota 2410 or someones JD 4200 etc. These tractors do a lot more than pull, they mow, they scoop, they spray, they cultivate, they till (tiller). So knowing that my 2410 could pull 6.2 standardized Craftsman tractors backwards or three mules or a weighted sled or whatever they use -- what will that tell me about the overall productivity of a CUT. It would be entirely possible that one tractor might be better at pulling and another faster at FEL work and another more manuverable for mowing. What would they measure on a CUT that would be useful. PTO hp would be useful, granted, but I think everyone gives that number and I imagine it is fairly reliable.
I think the government should stay out of private affairs as much as possible. I would not be willing to pay another 100 or 1,000 dollars just to know how much my Kubota can pull compared to a similar JD. Would there be a durability test wherein they set a Kubota and a NH and a JD out in the weather, exposed them to freezing temps and desert heat, would they test the JD/NH plastic vs Kubota metal (they all have way to much plastic) for stability and longevity and settle that question--I doubt it. I will keep my 100 dollars taxation/robbery and feel just fine about buying any tractor that has not submitted to the beuracratic morass of irrelevence. J

/ Interesting dealer comment #23  

excellent post: you are correct! most of us know the size tractor we are interested in, and any tractor in that size no matter the brand name is going to be fairly close in performance. it all comes down to personal preference.

/ Interesting dealer comment #24  

<font color="blue">...to the beuracratic morass of irrelevence...</font>

Why J... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I didn't know you cared so much... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Interesting dealer comment #25  

I sent an email to the Nebraska Testing Lab asking why CUTs were not tested. I briefly explained the content of this thread to frame the question. This is the response I received.

<font color="blue"> While you are aware of a lower power level dealing with what needs to be tested, that level was raised to 40 Hp a number of years ago. That is why you can now find models advertised at PTO powers of - 39.0, 39.5. 39.6, etc. When the lower level 20 Hp, then units were advertised at levels just below that. While it is that JD does test most of their models at our station -5000, 7000, 8000, 9000 series they have not tested the "15 series". In the world scheme of tractor testing, a tractor model is tested in the country that the model is produced. That is why the JD 6000 series are tested in Germany. As to the testing of the Kubota models. Most of the current Kubota models (over 40 HP) have been tested at the station in Japan. Kubota has NOT contacted our station concerning the use of these reports to qualify their models for sales in Nebraska. Maybe this is sort of "backdoor" advertising. They get brought up in conversation for what they have NOT done. We have not seen a Kubota tractor model at our station since 1986. Drop us another line if you need further explanation. </font>

Jeff