Interesting deer story.

/ Interesting deer story. #2  
Wow. I wonder if something chased them into the water. The water temperature would likely have killed a human. We had a guy drown this weekend when he went swimming for his boat that got loose from the boat ramp. We have had very warm air temperatures but the water was at 56 degrees. The report suggests the water temp killed the man. Usually the drowning deaths from cold water are in the spring with warm air temperature. People don't realize the water is still cold and that cold water can kill quick.

Guess we will never know why those deer went for a swim. The boat owner should have asked. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Interesting deer story. #3  
Would have been neat to know how far off shore they were.

Have seen deer swim the James River in VA. near the Bay in Jan and Feb several times over a mile wide.

__ J

/ Interesting deer story. #4  
That would be a once in a lifetime experience I bet.

Is the area so un-populated that the deer have no fear of people? Strange for them to be so calm. Maybe they was just too tuckered out to do anything else.

/ Interesting deer story. #5  
Deer and black bears swim the Mississippi down here regularly. Following new source or food or escaping floods.
With the bears their density in the White River National Wildlife Refuge has forced some migration, sows leaving to have cubs elsewhere and young males being "run off".

/ Interesting deer story. #7  
Would have been neat to know how far off shore they were.

Have seen deer swim the James River in VA. near the Bay in Jan and Feb several times over a mile wide.

__ J

If I'm not mistaking another story mentioned ~1.5 miles in 3' chop.