Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240 #1  

skiroy56

Tractor
Kubota M7060HD8, John Deere 420C,
I have a MF 240 without auxiliary hydraulics.
I want to add an internal auxiliary hydraulic pump to be able to add a front end loader.
Does anyone know the necessary parts required to make this alteration.
Seems like everyone wants to suggest a crankshaft mounted pump or a PTO pump or the MF dealers want me to buy a new tractor.
My research has led me to believe that an internal pump is available but not sure the unit needed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Laurence

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240 #2  
You could install a fan belt pump.

I have a 3 GPM fan belt pump with a pressure of 3000 psi, and it does a very creditable job.

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240
My internal pump is a 4 GPM and I have been told that it will be painfully slow.
I just got off of the phone with a person at Koyker in SD and was told I would have an open system and could not explain to me what that meant and would not transfer me to Tech Support. No help so far. I really want an internal pump so I have nothing external.
I realize that the fan belt pump will work but was wanting something less obtrusive.
Thanks for the input.
Laurence

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240 #4  
Open center hyd systems is usually powered by a gear pump and pumps continuously through all valves in series.

You can add an open center valve in the series path, but must have PB, which is power beyond/carry over pump flow.

The fan belt pump would look no different than your generator or alternator.

Can you install a larger pump?

More GPM's mean faster operation.

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240 #5  
My Mitsubishi only had about 3.5 gpm and that loader was painfully slow.
By chance I acquired a 5 gpm and made a bracket to mount it up front, used the Mitsubishi adapter that fitted the crank pulley and installed a U-joint to couple it up.
Since my loader had a reservoir in one of the posts I plumbed that to the valves.
I installed a high pressure filter (aviation surplus) between the pump and valves.
Sweet installation, makes the tractor think it is a skid steer.

Now I need to install my power steering. Just need to make a frame bracket as I have the steering valve and cylinder plus most hoses.
While I could jamb fit my steering to the steering valve I'm reluctant to do so as the splines don't match and I don't want to damage it (just in case)

/ Internal auxiliary hydraulic pump for MF 240 #6  
My internal pump is a 4 GPM and I have been told that it will be painfully slow.
I just got off of the phone with a person at Koyker in SD and was told I would have an open system and could not explain to me what that meant and would not transfer me to Tech Support. No help so far. I really want an internal pump so I have nothing external.
I realize that the fan belt pump will work but was wanting something less obtrusive.
Thanks for the input.
Laurence

According to tractor data.com the pump flow on a 240 is 9.5 gallons per minute. Capacity of 8.6 gallons. Also states it has two valves.