International 300 Utility gets a job

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #1  

cup149

Silver Member
Tractor
International 300 Utility, BX2200
New Years Day was cold and sunny with hard frozen ground...perfect for spreading manure. I've been tinkering with the 300U for a while and it was wanting something to do. I'm used to a hydrostat, power steering and half the size, but nothing broke and nobody got hurt, so I'll call it a good day.

Attachments

• P1000585a.JPG
    P1000585a.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,935
   / International 300 Utility gets a job #2  
I grew up around an IH 300 Utility. Neat old tractor. We used a 3 pth wood splitter on it for years. It flailed the front tires (power steering box destroyed) so my father sold it for parts.

I just picked up a 504 I hope to restore.

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #3  
I can see a way to make it steer a lot easier! Put some new triple ribs on the front and you will find it will steer a lot easier!!! Great old tractors, but your going to need a bit larger spreader to make it work at all!

/ International 300 Utility gets a job
I can see a way to make it steer a lot easier! Put some new triple ribs on the front and you will find it will steer a lot easier!!! Great old tractors, but your going to need a bit larger spreader to make it work at all!

My wife bought the spreader to use behind a Kubota BX2200, which makes a pretty good match. The 300 will get used with a rotary cutter when I get a beat up, used one, welded up with a new deck.

My next thing to buy is tires and tubes for the front. The truck tires on it now have no side hill traction and the sidewall is too soft and flexible for steering.

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #5  
Growing up I was always around an IH 340, it worked hard and still does today.

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #6  
They are happier when they are working!

soundguy

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #7  
My wife bought the spreader to use behind a Kubota BX2200, which makes a pretty good match. The 300 will get used with a rotary cutter when I get a beat up, used one, welded up with a new deck.

The BX is good for that size spreader! For a bush hog you should be at least 6' wide or a twin spindle 7' for the tractor. Good luck!

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #8  
my grandpa has a 300 and they are beefy tractor.....

however, he hates the clutch....is your's hard to depress? you almost have to stand on it.....we've checked just about everything.....

does your's have the....oh, i can think of it.....multipower or whatever it's called.....to, on the go, drop to a lower range.....

/ International 300 Utility gets a job
You are thinking of Torque Amplifier or TA or T/A. Yes, mine has it, and that is why the clutch is so hard to depress. There are two pressure plates, the main clutch and one on the T/A. Did you ever notice that when the T/A lever is pulled back (depresses the T/A clutch) the clutch pedal is easier? Mine has the front pivot pedal, later models have a rear pivot. The front pivot is odd, as you have to push more down than forward, so you can't brace against the seatback. The first day I drove it, my left leg had a real workout.

/ International 300 Utility gets a job #10  
yep, that's the one.......his pivots from the front......

we knew it had two clutches, but still thought something needed adjusted or replaced...

stout little tractor...

You are thinking of Torque Amplifier or TA or T/A. Yes, mine has it, and that is why the clutch is so hard to depress. There are two pressure plates, the main clutch and one on the T/A. Did you ever notice that when the T/A lever is pulled back (depresses the T/A clutch) the clutch pedal is easier? Mine has the front pivot pedal, later models have a rear pivot. The front pivot is odd, as you have to push more down than forward, so you can't brace against the seatback. The first day I drove it, my left leg had a real workout.