International A414.....Aussie version of B414

/ International A414.....Aussie version of B414 #12  
The seller was an honest enough guy and genuine reason to sell, i.e not just been patched up for sale, if donk breaks, it will be sold on for parts I would say, but they cant be that bad or there would not be so many of them running still after half century ? Maybe you were unlucky ?

Would be great if you have a manual.

Cheers

I apologize. I didn't intend to condemn. My B275 is a good old tractor, it has become a family member, not unlike my one armed cousin, or my arthritic dog. A few years ago, I decided to sell it. My son, born in 1985 was very upset. To him it was his first tractor, it held memories. I have better tractors now. Mine now runs the wood splitter, and little else. It gets new batteries every five years, oils, and filters as necessary, but recently has cost nothing. It isn't the masterpiece of engineering the IH 560 was, but it isn't useless either.

/ International A414.....Aussie version of B414
Here are some photos of the handbrake. It only works on the RH pedal so for it to work well the pedals should be locked.
I dont as I like them independent for better turning.

Would it be right to say your hand brake main lever etc bolts onto the mud guard ?

Mine seems to be minus holes there, I think there is 2 types, I have slopes, so a working hand brake would be a big plus. At least no one removed the lever at the bottom, so I have a starting point....lol

Does your handbook show differing types of hand brake ?

Hi all,

What is this lever for ?

tract.jpg

Ahhh....thanks for that,,,

I was thinking the 414 was 1 speed only on PTO, and that makes sense as the middle position has no wear, I wonder why there would be a nuetral if you have a lever to dis engage the PTO anyway + clutch, maybe it is just the way it is done due to practicality.

/ International A414.....Aussie version of B414 #17  
This from the manual for my IH 354. I expect it is the same for your tractor.PTO Lever16032018_0000.jpg

/ International A414.....Aussie version of B414 #18  
Thanks for those images, will have a close look, that type is same as what is on 434, I know my bottom link area is same, but someone has removed whatever handbrake setup there was, there is another type that has a rachet type handle, will see if anyone posts that, maybe they bolt up the same way, ebay au has some of the ratchet type for sale, no idea how it setup though.

see International Harvester Bradford Built Tractor Brakes for description of early/late brake types. I am trying to replace missing brake lock on my US IH 444, which appears to have early Bradford brakes. My tractor turns out to be mix of parts so not clear what is supposed to be there or how it bolts up. Would anyone have photos of early style brake lock and floorboard?