With Internet Explorer:
Ping 11ms
Download 160.13Mbps
Upload 83.94Mbps

With Google Chrome:
Ping 15ms
Download 87.41Mbps
Upload 87.55Mbps

So much for that ad that says to try Google Chrome for a faster experience! :laughing:

What ISP do you have?

/ internet connection speed test site? #22  
With Internet Explorer:
Ping 11ms
Download 160.13Mbps
Upload 83.94Mbps

With Google Chrome:
Ping 15ms
Download 87.41Mbps
Upload 87.55Mbps

So much for that ad that says to try Google Chrome for a faster experience! :laughing:

David,

Do you have to pay extra for that internet speed.

I am using Google Chrome and Comcast

/ internet connection speed test site? #23  
Yeah, mine's blazing too:
Download = 0.10
Upload = 0.04

That ain't no misprint and I spend 3 hours yesterday, 2 hours this morning, and 3 hours last Thursday trying to get this fixed.. Gotta love wILDbLUE...

/ internet connection speed test site? #24  
   / internet connection speed test site? #25  
Download = 0.10
Upload = 0.04

That ain't no misprint and I spend 3 hours yesterday, 2 hours this morning, and 3 hours last Thursday trying to get this fixed.. Gotta love wILDbLUE...

Tain't fair is it?

/ internet connection speed test site? #26  
Download = 0.10
Upload = 0.04

You might want to try TCPIP.

TCP/IP: Traditional Carrier Pigeon Internet Protocol
Slashdot : Carrier Pigeons Bandwidth Quantified
驗* well documented test took place in the north of Israel, in presence of several dozen Internet geeks and experts. During the test, 3 homing pigeons carried 4 GB (gigabytes) for 100 km distance, achieving, what apparently looks as pigeons world record in data transfer to a given distance. Bandwidth achieved by the pigeons was 2.27 Mbps?ransferring a similar volume of information through a common uplink of ADSL line would have taken no less than 96 hours?
Original technical specs are here and here.
TCP/IP: Traditional Carrier Pigeon Internet Protocol | testology

Pigeon flies past broadband in data speed race

Broadband is the most modern of communication means, while carrier pigeons date back to Roman times.
But on Thursday, a race between the two highlighted the low speeds of rural broadband in the UK; the pigeon won.
Ten USB key-laden pigeons were released from a Yorkshire farm at the same time a five-minute video upload was begun.
An hour and a quarter later, the pigeons had reached their destination in Skegness 120km away, while only 24% of a 300MB file had uploaded.
16 September 2010
BBC News - Pigeon flies past broadband in data speed race

I'm sure recent advances in microSD card capacity could increase the bandwidth 10 fold.

There are inherent problems though. It's been shown to be incompatible with CAT 5, heck even 1 cat is a problem.
Downloads sometimes are messy.

/ internet connection speed test site? #27  

/ internet connection speed test site? #28  
There are inherent problems though. It's been shown to be incompatible with CAT 5, heck even 1 cat is a problem.
Downloads sometimes are messy.

OMG.. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.:laughing:

/ internet connection speed test site? #29  
Heck you guys, I'm thinking the pigeon may be a good alternative at this point. I finally got a living/breathing (or so I assume) human being on the phone and have them installing a new dish that is supposed to run much faster (Exede). Only bad thing is the data plan appears to be either more money or smaller. I can set up my transfers between midnight and 5 am and that won't count though.

/ internet connection speed test site? #30  
David,

Do you have to pay extra for that internet speed.

I am using Google Chrome and Comcast

What ISP do you have?

Hee hee, I was waiting for someone to notice that. I posted from my job. My employer has to have large bandwidth for data transfers. :D

My home is only 12 down and 1.5 up. Very similar to most normal folks. ;)
I will say that I was using 750K DSL for several years at home from AT&T. My DSL modem died a few months ago and I called to have it replaced. They talked me into going with 12M service for the same price as I was paying for DSL for 12 months, then it doubles. Free equipment and no contract. So I got the 12M and signed up for Netflix. I watch that through our Wii system. Full HD movies that never burp. Very nice. Next, I'm going to dump DirecTV and switch to Dish Network. I'll get pretty much the same package for half the price for 12 months on that. After 2 years, I'll switch back to DirecTV or go with cable. It sucks that I am a loyal DirecTV customer for 15 years and get no price breaks. I called them and told them I would like a break or I would probably drop their service. They said they could knock off $15.00 per month. I almost took that deal, until they said I'd lose 27 channels, a few of which I actually watch. Grrrr.... but that's a topic for another thread, I suppose.