Intimidating Drivers

/ Intimidating Drivers #42  
I think the Telsa S coupe is one of the sexiest cars being built right now.

Awesome wheels but I just don't have a 100k laying around this week.

/ Intimidating Drivers
What a sucker. You didn't do any of that....I guess as long as long some people believe that junk and the government subsidizes them and they can make a nice profit on you and government they will make them. You know the government has bought 25% of them propping up the market or they would have gone away long ago. Most people I know who bought toyota's were women who nothing about cars but they were good folks. Oh, what cars do the bad folks drive?

HS

I'm not sure I should dignify the caliber of this response with one of my own but hey, what are forums for?

I did a lot of research on the Prius before buying one. I studied everything from the planetary gear system it uses to the radical redesign of the way an automobile air conditioning system works to the four 32 bit microprocessors that run the thing. There is a whole lot of innovation in between those features that I won't go into here. Suffice it to say, I looked into it from an engineer's point of view and was very impressed with the white papers that were written. Politics and bias never even entered the picture in early 2005. I was dismayed to see how attitudes began to play a role in people's perception of the car when there is so much to admire about it. I do believe it was Motor Trend's car of the year at one point.

According to the Internet news today, the bad folks drive blue BMW's: Yahoo! :laughing:

/ Intimidating Drivers #45  
According to the Internet news today, the bad folks drive blue BMW's: Yahoo! :laughing:

I saw the hook line into that story and knew instantly it was BMW drivers after 10 years of commuting 70 miles one-way to work. Not all BMW drivers are aggressive drivers, but a large percentage of aggressive drivers sit behind the wheel of that iconic brand.

/ Intimidating Drivers #46  
I saw the hook line into that story and knew instantly it was BMW drivers after 10 years of commuting 70 miles one-way to work. Not all BMW drivers are aggressive drivers, but a large percentage of aggressive drivers sit behind the wheel of that iconic brand.

Of course we all know there are good and bad folks driving each of the makes and models:laughing:, but I know my brothers who used to own a tire dealership and garage said to not even let a BMW in the shop. Too many parts are different and can only come from BMW, so prices are high, and they said the kind of people who drive BMWs cannot be satisfied. No matter how well a repair is done, the owner will never be satisfied with anything less than a new car. So they said to just always refer BMW owners to the BMW dealership. And of course they don't really want to go to the BMW dealer because his prices will seem too high to them.:laughing:

/ Intimidating Drivers #47  
I drove my sons BMW 300-whatever a couple hundred miles across the NY Thruway. The turbo induced me to further the general image of BMW drivers.

My son's prior car was a Prius, you guys are saying he is conflicted? :D No car can make commuting around Boston a pleasure.

/ Intimidating Drivers #48  
News - Tanzania

What You will find is this highway links the rare earth mineral mines on the west side of the park with the maritime ports to the east. Most of those minerals will be used in the hybrid battery market in Japan, yeah your Prius.

I guess what people are trying to say about Prius drivers is, drop the I'm so smart I bought a Prius, I am better then you smirk on your face, and put on the I'm embarrassed an got sold a tall tail face. Prius has major environmental issues, more than most cars, enough is already known that hybrid and electric is not the future.

HS

+1 agree

/ Intimidating Drivers #49  
Worried about Hybrid Battery Environmental Impact | PriusChat

This is a quite old and totally debunked topic. We will probably be hearing about it for some time.

So here are the salient points one more time:

Sudburry Nickel Mine is more than 100 years old. It has been refining sulfurous nickel ore all that time.

For those un-aware of history, man landed on the moon in 1969. The moon buggy training occured previous or shortly thereafter. The Prius Design Project started in 1992. There is no way the Prius was even around when the ecological destruction was already done while the Moon Buggies were scooting around the damaged Sudbury landscape.

The source of the picture used in the article was found by PC'ers. It is available for purchase from a picture supply company, and is dated well before 1992.

INCO (the company that owns the mine) has done much since the 1970's to recover the damaged areas. In fact they have won awards for their efforts in recent decades, and actually have gotten trees to grow again in some of the areas.

Nickel is an industrial metal used in a myriad of everyday items. Stainless Steel is the main use. Next time you pick up your eating utensils, "The Mail on Sunday" would like you to think about Sudbury too. The next time you take a trip by turbine powered aircraft, think about Sudbury - turbine blade alloys are mostly nickel. The next time you do not need to replace the exhaust system in a car in 2 years - Sudbury. The list goes on and on (metal platings, cutlery, connectors, magnetic shielding...). This is probably why "The Mail on Sunday" retracted the article. Toyota's nickel purchase is less than 1 % of yearly production at Sudbury.

Unfortunately, every lazy politico wanna-be (like Rush Limbauh, George Will and college student muscle car enthusiasts - Chris Demoro) out there keeps regurgitating the faulty information from the misleading The Mail on Sunday article. Rather than fully researching the topic.

Toyota has a recycling plant for the batteries, and a $200 bounty for the scrap batteries. Does your local Household Goods store have such a program for the stainless steel eating utensils, cutlery and oven grates they sell? Does "This Old House" list a place to send those Stainless Steel kitchens they are fond of installing after they are used up?

Read more: Worried about Hybrid Battery Environmental Impact | PriusChat
Follow us: @PriusChat on Twitter | PriusChat on Facebook

Just reading your replies, it appears to me that you are still trying to convince yourself that you did the right thing... no worries, buy what you want... I don't need convincing, I don't care for the Prius.

/ Intimidating Drivers #50  
Does your local Household Goods store have such a program for the stainless steel eating utensils, cutlery and oven grates they sell? Does "This Old House" list a place to send those Stainless Steel kitchens they are fond of installing after they are used up?
Scrap yard.. 100% recycled..