Introduce myself and ask a question

/ Introduce myself and ask a question #1  

Kirby Nance

Tractor
1952 8N and 2008 Mahindra 4025
Hello All,
My name is Kirby and I am the proud owner of a new 4025. Santa came driving up tuesday night and dropped it off. What a guy!
Anyway I've been making it's aquaintance and me and the seat don't seem to be hitting it off. I am a pretty good size boy and I feel the seat bottom out on bumps in my pasture. My question is other than adjusting the Kg balance is there a mod that us big guys need to do to make the ride right for us?

Thank in advance
Kirby

/ Introduce myself and ask a question #2  
Welcome to the group Kirby,
From what I see it the spec sheet for a 4025 it looks like your seat only slides forward or back and did not see an option for a different seat. Is your seat height adjustable? If not you can check with your dealer for a seat with better springs or you may have to buy an adjustable suspension seat from your local farm tractor supply store that has adjustments for weight of the operator. Northern Tool and Tractor Supply are two that offer seats for operators up to 275lb. or more.

/ Introduce myself and ask a question
Hi George,
Thanks for the reply. The only height adjustment is like some cars where the rail is slanted up to the back, so the further back the further up. I am about 275 and I think that you are right, aftermarket is going to be the ticket. I will call my dealer first.

Kirby

/ Introduce myself and ask a question #4  
Hi George,
Thanks for the reply. The only height adjustment is like some cars where the rail is slanted up to the back, so the further back the further up. I am about 275 and I think that you are right, aftermarket is going to be the ticket. I will call my dealer first.

Kirby

Welcome to the Mahindra Forum....If you do a search on seats I think you will find that another "big boy" had an issue with his seat, but he has a fix...he gives a good discription of how he fixed it...don't have the time now to do the search for you, but its here somewhere.....Welcome! BobG in VA

/ Introduce myself and ask a question
Thanks Bob,

I found it.

Kirby