Inverter

/ Inverter #21  
Loyd about the only difference between using it on your truck versus tractor is the truck probably has a bigger alternator than the tractor so it would take a little bit longer to charge the battery back up. So i don't see any problems with using it for what you want to do.

/ Inverter #22  
I've been running one since 1990...

Just don't skimp on the DC cables and keep the run as short as possible.

/ Inverter #23  
Anyone using an inverter on there tractor?

I have a 700 watt inverter that I would like to use with a power drill from my tractor.

Any concerns about this?Lloyd
Wow...
To think.. all I wanted to do was drill 4 1" holes in posts to hang my gates on.
Lloyd
Had you actually said that.. you would have likely gotten MUCH different answers.. simpler answers too..
soundguy
Wow... Really? I essentially said dont worry about it based on experience in post #7. Could that count as a simple answer?
larry

/ Inverter #24  
Once he named his specific task, a specific answer could be given.

when his question was vauge in scope.. he got vauge answers.

what you characterize as alarmist, some of us just call worst possible scenerio, and plan accordingly. average situations are what usually happens.. however.. extremes also occur.. and when your only prepaired for average and recieve extreme, sometime problems occur.

I'm not going to be responsible for a smoked drill, smoked inverter, or smoked electrical system because I gave someone 'marginal' advice that only works during the bell curve!

with that thinking, you would only need 80% of the lifeboats or preservers on a water craft... that's fine for math on paper.. but didn't work out real well in worst possible case scenerios like the titanic....

soundguy