Investing for beginners

/ Investing for beginners #191  
I mean, I'm including property tax. Which in these parts for 10 acres, a home and 40x60 pole barn, runs under $2k per year. Granted we are shopping for 25-30 acres to build a new mini farm on... But that will be a cash purchase too, or we wont do it

/ Investing for beginners #193  
Hard to tell if Fidelity simply wrote this puff piece for IBD to publish, or its a real comparative analysis. But it describes what I've liked about Fidelity for some 40+ years now as our savings grew from near zero to quite comfortable.

My opinion is that Fidelity is the best choice for the beginning long-term investor. As well as for someone more experienced.

Keep in mind that some private effort - farming, rentals, a welding side business, etc can do better than an investment in the market, Because every investment available to the public is going to be priced at the average of what everyone in the world, including the pros with excellent analysis available, consider that investment is worth.

/ Investing for beginners #195  
The third post in that link summarizes it well.
That's just ridiculous.

And then from a CBS link
The key finding: Retirees can get the biggest bang for their buck in Mississippi, where the combined cost of food, utilities, housing, health care and other essentials is $44,000 per year. Saving of $1 million in the state would last you nearly 23 years, the personal finance site said.
And since that doesn't include pension - I should be easily good for 23 years.
Of course one thing they probably left out was gifts to grandchildren.

Last edited:
   / Investing for beginners #196  
When I retired, I had no idea how much money I would need. I just sold the business and said that's it. That was going on 9 years ago.
I may have to go back into the HVAC / Plumbing field next week:ROFLMAO:

/ Investing for beginners #197  
When I retired, I had no idea how much money I would need. I just sold the business and said that's it. That was going on 9 years ago.
I may have to go back into the HVAC / Plumbing field next week:ROFLMAO:
Medical issues in immediate family forced me back into the work force. Twice.

No way to predict or plan for that.