Is a 15' santa a good idea

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea
Thankfully I don't live in an area where drive by shootings and theft is high. I looked for a mrs Claus of the same size or close to same size but couldn't find one

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #12  
Now I wouldn't put out something like that, but my wife would probably thank me if I did.:laughing: In fact, I wouldn't do any decorating if it were just up to me, but Friday, I put a string of lights around the eaves and around the entryway and front door and on the shrubs in front of the houe, just to keep her happy.:)

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #13  
Inflatable decorations are a personal preference thing. We are a "string of white lights" kind of family - but as my dad always said, variety is the spice of life.

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #14  
You should fill him with helium and get a long rope. :)

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #15  
Personally I prefer more old-school, traditional decoration to the modern, inflatable stuff. But this thread is more about family harmony than it is about your decorations.

I believe a man should put his foot down on the big issues that may effect the important long-term goals of his family, and lift his foot up on the trivial things. I'm not always successful with that idealism, but I try. Take it down for her.

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #16  
Personally I prefer more old-school, traditional decoration to the modern, inflatable stuff. But this thread is more about family harmony than it is about your decorations.

I believe a man should put his foot down on the big issues that may effect the important long-term goals of his family, and lift his foot up on the trivial things. I'm not always successful with that idealism, but I try. Take it down for her.[/QUOTE]

X2 :)

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #17  
You need to add a full flight of flying deer and a sleigh the matches Santa's size. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #18  

I believe a man should put his foot down on the big issues that may effect the important long-term goals of his family, and lift his foot up on the trivial things. I'm not always successful with that idealism, but I try. Take it down for her.[/QUOTE]

X2 :)

I would tend to X3 that also. deflate Santa.

James K0UA

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #19  
My wife hates the fact that I bought and stuck Santa in the front yard. Looking for opinions to either support Santa or convince me to take him down
Thanks

I see yards with so many blowups that they look like clutter, especially when they are turned off and deflate on the lawn. Some others look okay. We have two blowups we have put out in previous years, but my favorite is a big moose that looks a bit like Bullwinkle. We call him (drum roll . . .) Chris Moose. He's about the same height as your Santa. I put him on our deck and he is easily seen from the road. The wind makes him look like he is waving to people as they drive by.

In your case, Santa looks a little close to your house for daytime use, but I think he could look okay at night if you put up lights on the house as a background for him. That said, if your wife doesn't like him, I'd take him down. Some people just don't like blowups and I can't blame them. They are definitely something that you have to have a taste for. I'd comply with her wishes and make sure you have her as partner in deciding on decorations and how they will be displayed. It helps keep peace on earth and good will to men.:thumbsup:

/ Is a 15' santa a good idea #20  
My wife probably wouldn't like it either.

Hey, do they have left ? ;)