Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric?

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #1  

Rford

Gold Member
Tractor
1966 Ford 2000 Diesel 8sp
I thought this would be easy to find out but not so much. I bought a 1967 (I think) Ford 2000 the other day and am going over it. The front nose bracket that connects the cowl to the front of the engine block was not attached. I used a 3/8 inch new bolt and it would not grab, so I assumed the holes were stripped. I found a different bolt -- too long -- and it seemed to thread in much better and I think it will hold. I checked the long bolt at the hardware store and I think its a metric M10-1.5 (not sure on the 1.5). So I'm wondering if that tractor is metric. I'll pull a couple of fasteners next time I'm at the farm and do some investigating but thought someone might know.

I've had some problem with the serial number - looks like a "C" followed by 18. So that would mean made in USA and I'd assume its SAE. However, I think one of the tires is original and it says "made in England." It has a CAV fuel injector.

Does anyone know if these were made in both SAE or Metric?

Also, what holds the radiator in place on the top? I see its attached by two bolts on the bottom. It looks like when I get the new bolts in the bracket the radiator fan shroud is going to be rubbing on the generator pulley.

Thanks in advance.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #2  
The easiest way to tell if a bolt is metric is to look at the head. If it is numberred like; 8.8 or 10.9 it is metric. If it has radiating dashes it is SAE. 3 dashes is grade five, 6 dashes is grade 8, and 9 dashes are grade 9 bolts. image.jpg

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #3  
I may have the wrong item, but according to the NH online parts book, it shows the bolt being a 7/16"-14 X 3/4".

You can go to Messicks: Home | Messicks's and look at the online parts books. They have great exploded views, along with part numbers, description, and price, if needed.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric?
Thanks DJ54! That's a great site. The diagrams and descriptions are much better than the manuals I have. I bookmarked that page and will be using it often I am sure. I picked up a couple 7/16 bolts and while they seem a bit big just to look at I am sure they'll fit perfect.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #5  
Those tractors are all SAE bolts.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #6  
I do believe I saw a thumb screw that holds the grill in were metric thread.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #7  
1967 it's not metric

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #9  
Might be metric fasteners on the Lucas electrical components. That would be about it.

Are spark plug threads metric?
BTW, The signature you have at the bottom of your posts seems rather relevant this morning.

/ Is a 1967 Ford 2000 metric? #10  
Might be metric fasteners on the Lucas electrical components. That would be about it.

Are spark plug threads metric?
BTW, The signature you have at the bottom of your posts seems rather relevant this morning.