Is a grapple worth it?

/ Is a grapple worth it? #31  
Did you mean 84"? Didn't know Bobcat had anything that narrow. I like that style. It will also do bucket duty.

Dooh! its not 54", it's a "66 INDL BKT GRPL" (edited above)

BTW Bobcat has them down to a single-lid 36"

Last edited:
   / Is a grapple worth it? #32  
Oh, stupid me, I was thinking of the bucket width.

/ Is a grapple worth it? #33  
The Bobcat 36IG might be an option for sw18x's B2650

Pics below show a 2014 model and there's a 2012 here. Not sure if the QA plate width would work on the B2650's QA.

Attachments

• bobcat 36 nameplate.jpg
    bobcat 36 nameplate.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 189
  • bobcat 36.jpg
    bobcat 36.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
   / Is a grapple worth it? #34  
I have a Land Pride grapple on my BX. Most useful implement I have. LOVE it, but it also broke because of poor construction, which is being repaired now.

I would do it again, but will be much more mindful of how to use the grapple.

/ Is a grapple worth it? #35  
I have a B2650 with an Everything Attachments grapple and have used it for 23 of the 24 hours on my new tractor. handiest implement i have ever used!

/ Is a grapple worth it? #36  
I have a B2650 with an Everything Attachments grapple and have used it for 23 of the 24 hours on my new tractor. handiest implement i have ever used!

Like to hear any comments concerning the B2650. Maybe start a thread in the Kubota section and we'll discuss it. :)

/ Is a grapple worth it? #37  
Like to hear any comments concerning the B2650. Maybe start a thread in the Kubota section and we'll discuss it. :)

Yep, and we'll help you spend more money perfecting it!

/ Is a grapple worth it? #39  
First, make sure you get an SSQA skid-steer compatible interface loader. This day and age never buy one otherwise. Grapples, buckets, grapple buckets and a huge number of other things will fit. I recommend a grapple bucket (like the one on post#33 but lighter.) Neither a bucket alone nor a grapple alone. The bucket will be useful all the time and the grapple riding on it is a huge plus with limbs and posts and fallen trees, etc. whenever you may need it. Notice the activity in posts #8 and #25. To be honest, a B2650 is pretty light for large limbs, tree trunks and whole trees like that. For brush, debris and smaller limbs it should be great. It is easy to get into trouble lifting long heavy objects with a FEL. Being able to lift it in the first place may be the least of your troubles. Balance, tipping, tip over, etc. rapidly become issues. I use a tractor weighing around 9000 lbs with a 4-in-1 pinch bucket on the front that weighs 1000 lbs by itself all the time and, YES, it is all too easy pick up something that will tip you or make you wish you had not picked it up. I can't imagine doing a lot of that sort of work with a B2650 sized machine. Everything is relative though, just bite what you can chew.

/ Is a grapple worth it? #40  
Is a grapple worth it? It all depends on how much you will use it and what you will use it for. Purchasing a grapple is kind of a big ticket item once you figure in shipping, hydraulics and the unit itself. Don't get me wrong I love my grapple but do I use it as much as I thought I would. Not by a long shot. It did get real heavy use about a year ago when a storm blew down about 10 trees on my property but the original reason I bought it was to uproot invasive brush on the property and have now since realized that a piranha tooth bar works 5x better for ripping our brush in my situation.

If you do a fair amount of logging or moving large rocks a grapple is a great investment. Having the ability to close the lid to keep things in place is a great thing to have. If you are doing things such as piling brush a manure fork bucket works almost as good for a fraction of the cost.