Is a spike in tractor prices coming?

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #11  
Messick’s guy explains it pretty well. I have a new tractor coming before year end (it is at dealer being prepped) for same price, discount, and 60 month zero % it was at beginning of the year. Implements built in America have surcharges, but that means I added 3 implements sized for my L6060 in the trade as 2 were worth more on trade, after our tractor discount was finalized, than I paid for them in the past 5 years. The equipment manufacturer’s numbers tell the story. In 2019. All tractor classes sold more than ever. Despite the pandemic, all classes except self-propelled combines sold more in 2020 than in 2019. Through November of this year, sales have blown 2020 out of the water. Customers are buying more than ever. During football yesterday, John Deere and Kubota still advertising, still offering 0% for 5 years. I am not sure why, but I suspect they have customers now used to 0%, and since they can get money at a very low rate, why not? I just got hearing aids the same way. Until interest rates climb, why change and upset customers? It’s been that way since the Great Recession starting in 2008.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #12  
I know prices are up but I don't think manufacturers announced any permanent increase for evan after the time when the shortages end. Should I delete this thread? I think I can do it.
Why threaten to delete it? You asked a good question, let it roll..

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #13  
Considering that before all of this started, a Kioti CK3520 or a Branson F36Rn with R1 Radial tires and no loader cost around 14,000€ to 14,500€ and now it jumped up to 17,500€. Yes, the spike has already happened, a long time ago. The equivalent Kubota L2351 with a lot less stuff than those two tractors was around 17,500€, I have no clue what it costs now but I'm sure over 20,000€.

I can only expect for the price to increase even more once they start selling the new models from 25 hp to 50HP that will also have to have DPF.

Last edited:
   / Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #14  
A guy with five tractors is asking this question?
Yeah, can you imagine a guy having 5 tractors! Never know, maybe he needs a 6th one!

Attachments

• Phone71120 027.jpg
    Phone71120 027.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 147
   / Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #15  
Yeah, can you imagine a guy having 5 tractors! Never know, maybe he needs a 6th one!
I wish I could say five was a starter kit! More just figuring someone with five would be more on top of the market.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #16  
I wish I could say five was a starter kit! More just figuring someone with five would be more on top of the market.
If he's not in the market for another, why? No different than owning one and not immediately looking for another.
We own a dishwasher but I'm not up to date on all appliance prices.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #18  
A guy with five tractors is asking this question?
Why not??? Tractors wear out as do implements and need upgraded or replaced. Fact of life. I guess they don't when only used once in a while but he' like me, put serious hours on ours so I'm always looking as well.

Gee, I only have 2 but I'd have more if my wife allowed it...lol

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #19  
Coming?

Try it's already here and has been here, where have you been?
Right. I was quoted $36k for a cab tractor with frond snow plow last year. This year for the exact same setup it was just shy of $46k!

I was actively seeking a tractor all year and noticed the prices on all the tractors have gone up quite a bit.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #20  
I've always heard ... "A man can never own too many chainsaws." Maybe the same thing applies to tractors?