Buying Advice Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500?

/ Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500? #1  

Gushwa

Tractor
Craftsman Tractor Model #917.276683
I need to make a decision on this as soon as possible. The deal is set to take place
tomorrow morning. The agreed on price is $2500.00. It's a Woods M2560 Mow'n Machine
commercial hydrostatic zero turn lawnmower, 25 HP Kohler V-Twin engine with OHV, dual
fuel tanks, 60" hydraulic lift deck, electric PTO clutch. with 850 hours on it.
It was purchased new by a church, possibly 20 years ago, (The actual year is unknown).
They have always made all scheduled maintenance on it. It has always been stored indoors,
and everything seems to work fine on it. They are simply replacing it with a new machine.
I need to mow approximately 1.5 acres of my land, every one or two weeks.
Is this a worthwhile deal, or is this just too old? Should I just wait for something else?

Last edited:
   / Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500? #2  
Sounds like you already committed to buy if the "agreed on price is $2500.00."

So I say get it. It likely will serve you well for several more years.

/ Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500? #3  
I've had mine (6215 diesel) since 1998, and in all that time, I've only had to replace 2 idler pulleys (sealed bearings went bad last summer), 2 belts (changed them when I did the idlers), and a set of tires.

I think that's a fair, if it looks to be in good (well maintained) condition. Maybe do a compression test, since that's a gas engine, but those Kohlers are good.

Lift the seat and look at the hydraulic wheel motor filters, and check the dipstick (hydraulic). Smell it. Does it look clean and no off smell? Are there any dates written on the filters, suggesting when they were changed? Are the tires bald, o have they been replaced. Does it come with spare blades, and are the spindles greased, and not rough feeling?

If it all checks out, then that's not a bad price.

/ Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500? #4  
I need to make a decision on this as soon as possible. The deal is set to take place
tomorrow morning. The agreed on price is $2500.00. It's a Woods M2560 Mow'n Machine
commercial hydrostatic zero turn lawnmower, 25 HP Kohler V-Twin engine with OHV, dual
fuel tanks, 60" hydraulic lift deck, electric PTO clutch. with 850 hours on it.
It was purchased new by a church, possibly 20 years ago, (The actual year is unknown).
They have always made all scheduled maintenance on it. It has always been stored indoors,
and everything seems to work fine on it. They are simply replacing it with a new machine.
I need to mow approximately 1.5 acres of my land, every one or two weeks.
Is this a worthwhile deal, or is this just too old? Should I just wait for something else?
I have never had anything to do with a Woods mower but if the information in your description is accurate it sounds like a nice deal to me. My 60 inch Kubota zero turn has about 1,300 well maintained hours on it and I’m expecting it to outlast me.

/ Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500?
Thank You very much guys, for all your input. It has helped me make a decision.

/ Is A used Woods M2560 with 850hrs A good deal at $2500? #6  
When you get it, how about posting a pic here for us. Everybody likes photos.