Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1?

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #21  
I suspect GM made a deal with M1 at the time,

Mobil is a tier 1 supplier to GM, a contract they won by being the lower bidder. So that means they are a source for oil for assembly plants, engine plants and the pour it into ac delco.

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #22  
Looks good. No captions though. Sound is gone after a Win 10 update. Think BIOS got swatted. Printer won't work either. Actually, I'm finding I need captions even when I have audio. Cannot understand them without it.

Ralph

Is there a BIOS update for your computer? Dell released a bunch of mandatory BIOS updates for old desktops and laptops.

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #23  
Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1?

Simple answer, NO

Its from Warren Distribution, a supplier of private label lubricants. Its no better then the cheapest oil found on discount store shelves.

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #24  
Simple answer, NO Its from Warren Distribution, a supplier of private label lubricants. Its no better then the cheapest oil found on discount store shelves.

You left out the link showing proof that Warren makes anything but inferior products. There are 5 or so each of tire and battery makers in the US. Are we to think that only their own 5 brands are pinnacle level alone while no others compare? We get that s__ here with filters often, and what's up with Craftsman tools if Sears never made their own?

I wonder how often logical assumptions are more assumption than fact. Bring on the oil tests!

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #25  
Often, the decision as to who actually makes a private labeled product is based on low bid, and like almost everything manufactured by a low bidder, short cuts are taken in order to meet the low price. Don't be thinking you buying a better product than (Mobil 1) because you are not. No more than Walmart "Honey Nut Spins" are better than 'Honey Nut Cheerios?

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #26  
If you're ever the low bidder are you a total hack for that reason? The idea applies everywhere, doesn't it?

So our whole Country runs on low bids, although there are few perfect brand names we should acknowledge because we have *famous brands that have no equals. *(brand recognition by entrenchment and advert $$)

For all I know you're a better speller than me, so it may mean that only your brand is any good at all as proven in your lab. (~ as relevant, IMO) I didn't major in marketing as most others here must have. :eek:

Should we now accept that Die Hard and Craftsman were always low bidder Garbage because the actual maker would only make junk without their own name on a product? GM's OEM Good-Year tires are not also sold by dealers. They're a low bid cheapo. Other than ads, how do we know Mobil doesn't have a low grade as supplier to the automaker? (I'll take your word for it.)

Thanks for the education. Just don't use anything but brand name stuff, esp meds and other inferior low bidder products like house brand food, or do only our tractors demand perfection that our bodies don't? I prefer to ask one who 'knows more than just about anyone' so I'm glad Z71 shared the reality of it all with us. ;)

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #27  
There are not that many oil companies out there. The big companies make the private labeled oiled. Really, if it meets the specifications set out by your manufacture, than I wouldn't put to much more thought into it. Amazon, Supetech, Autozone, Napa, ect are all made by one of the big guys.

Proper change intervals and meeting the specifications for oil and filter are the most important things.

Also remember, change intervals are set up for many reasons. Usually the are conservative and usually oil is "fine" at that point. But, the unknown isn't fine, and changing oil regularly minimizes risks of failure.

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #28  
There are market forces that have a vested interest in convincing vehicle/equipment owners to change their oil more often than necessary. The legal prey of these market forces have become convinced that they are purchasing "cheap insurance" or "peace of mind" by changing their oil more often than necessary. Complicating things is the fact that doing oil changes is one of the few do-it-yourself maintenance tasks that is still within the ability of the backyard mechanic to perform.

/ Is Amazon basics full synthetic oil better than Mobile 1? #29  
I won't buy it again. I watch the Project Farm from time to time and do appreciate what he puts into his testing though. For convenience I was using Lucas synthetic in the car and work truck for years. In the car, it has started consuming oil where as it would drop a half a pint between changes. The car has 170K. Hopefully it likes the Lucas once again. That will be the telling factor.