Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1?

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #11  
Volfandt said:
3-Point Hitch Specifications
Hitches and Power Take Off Information from the Tractor Outlet
Tractor Terminology

So then they're untrue? :D Dang untrue tractor manufacturers......
previously posted,
No not at all. But, there are more specifications to the three point hitch than just the pins sizes. There are many specifications that are used for tractors. Many that most people never even know about such as the belly draw bar having categories. Up until the time when sub-compacts came out, the pin size was all that anyone had to make sure worked. If the pin size was right the implement would work. It is more blurred now. That is why more manufactures are coming out with sub-compact lines such as the King Kutter XB line. If it was a true Cat.1, there would be no need for such a series of equipment.

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #12  
milkman said:
Then we will have to call that a limited Cat 1 3PH too.:D
I was reading something a while back that actually called the sub compact hitch a Cat. .5 (point 5). Can't remember where it was at now.

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #13  
"As far as implements that are too wide"
you ccan turn the pins on most implements to the inside if you have to
I also put a TSC cat 2 quick hitch on mine and it fit. however the top link hits the hitch unless you grind a notch in the hitch

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #14  
chucko said:
"As far as implements that are too wide"
you ccan turn the pins on most implements to the inside if you have to

You are correct. I have been able to do this for several of the implements I put on my BX. I had a 30" dirt scoop, however, where this wasn't possible, especially if used while facing backwards. So this was one of the few where the pins can't be turned.

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #15  
I have NOT found a CAT 1 implement that doesn't fit my BX2350.

Simply put, all BX's are not "limited" CAT-1's.

I had some left-over CAT 1 attachments for my Ford1210 that all fit my BX2350. It was something I researched before buying.

6 foot Rear blade=fit
5 foot Rake= fit
4 foot Bush Hog=fit
4 foot rear finish mower=fit

I did not need to turn any pins inside-out, either.

I just got the KK II TG-48 (not the XB) and it fits just fine.
So, they did not need produce the XB series for the current crop of BX's.
The XB is CAT 1 pins, with CAT 0 geometry. I spoke with KK folks before purchasing. They produced the XB to meet the demand of the lower HP subcuts, they told me it was more about power needed to drive the unit, than simple geometry, although they did take that into account as well.

Perhaps the original BX models were "limited", but the BX2350 is a CAT 1. I would venture to say the BX24 is also, unless they engineered them entirely different, but I don't think that is the case at all.

I would suggest when we give info about a BX model , that a specific model be cited.

To my knowledge:

BX1500 = Cat 1 "limited"
BX1800 = Cat 1 "limited"

BX1850 = SAE CAT 1
BX2350 = SAE CAT 1
BX24 = SAE CAT 1
I cannot speak for the other BX models, not for sure.

The Category rating also relates to HP ratings, as well as the pins, and geometry.

Category 0
For Tractors with up to 20 Horsepower
Top Link Pins are 5/8 inch in Diameter
Lift Arm Pins are 5/8 inch in Diameter

Category 1

For Tractors with 20 to 45 Horsepower
Top Link Pins are 3/4 inch in Diameter
Lift Arm Pins are 7/8 inch in Diameter

Category 2

For Tractors with 55-65 to 90-95 Horsepower
Top Link Pins are 1 inch in Diameter
Lift Arm Pins are 1 and 1/8 inch in Diameter

Category 3

For Tractors with 95 to 100 Horsepower and Up
Top Link Pins are 1 and 1/4 inch in Diameter
Lift Arm Pins are 1 and 7/16 inch in Diameter

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #16  
A lot of good info here but with the last model Kubota Sub-compacts they jumped ahead of the industry with their hitch again by changing the location of the mounting to the tractor.

All current models take all full Cat 1 implements unlike their predessors the 1500,1800,2200,1830,2330 which were refered to a an 0-1 hitch.

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #17  
SkunKWerX, I have an old 2001 BX2200 and all my implements and all the ones that I borrow from my brother and my BIL are CAT1, I haven't found anything that doesn't work on mine either, even a full length PHD, haven't had to turn any pins in either. Maybe some people haven't discovered the screw turnbuckles yet.:confused:

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #18  
I'll take that question. The top link on my holland TZ25 is a good 8" shorter then the top link at TSC, I bought one...... The pins are the same sizes, just the 3pt arms and the top link are considerably shorter.

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #19  
An easy-change system makes this easier (duh!) and also lengthens the 3-point on these little guys so the lift a little higher. Besides the Pat's system mentioned, Harbor Freight has the same one I bought many years ago fom Northern for about $250 often on sale for $59 with much cheaper freight than Northern. Oh well, mine must be better because I paid so much more!
Dave

/ Is BX24 3-point hitch really a Cat 1? #20  
The only difference between the 3ph on the current BX24/BX2350 and the older models is that these new models lift higher than the older models. When this new hitch came out, Kubota made some statements to the effect that the previous limited Cat. 1 hitch was now being replaced by a full Cat. 1 hitch. All of those statements have been withdrawn and the only thing you will now find written is that the new hitch lifts higher. The width that the arms stretch is still the same.

The BX hitch technically is a Cat. 1 hitch. There is no such thing as a 0.5 hitch. Within the category designated as 1, lift arms can come in differing lengths on different tractors. The arms on compact and full sized Cat. 1 utility tractors are longer than the arms on sub-compacts and there are some very large Cat. 1 implements that are designed for full sized Cat. 1 utility tractors, whose pins are too far apart for the BX to accept. The implements are also too large and most likely too heavy for a BX to effectively use, which makes the point mostly moot. Still, however, those implements do exist.