Is Case up for sale?

/ Is Case up for sale? #11  
dgl24087 said:
Where I live in SW Virginia, within a 50-60 radius, I have 8 JD, 5 NH, 2 Case, 4 Kubota, 2 Massey Ferguson, 1 Kioti, and 1 Farmtrac, and these are just the dealers I can think of off the top of my head. In the last 5-7 years, 2 Case dealers bit the dust, while all of the rest have remained fairly strong. In the field, JD easily outnumbers the rest combined by 10-1, maybe more.
Yeah, lot's of old junk JD's in the fields near our place too.:D Just kidding.

/ Is Case up for sale? #12  
floridahay said:
Just a while ago on another forum I was reading rumors that Agco is in the process of buying CNH, who knows about these things? I have heard that other rumors that New Holland may be dropped and Case would continue. I know that New Holland seems to have lost market share over the last few years in my area and their dealer network leaves a lot to be desired in this area too.

CNH is a larger company than AGCO is, I can't see how they could financialy arrange a buyout. Now the CEO of CNH recently left to go work for AGCO. Maybe thats where that came from.

/ Is Case up for sale? #13  
Has anyone looked at the stock price for CNH or the overall financials for this company? I see no logic for the rumor based on their performance.

Look at their chart, over a 2 year span, their stock is up nearly 50% (BLUE LINE ON CHART). Deere is up about 32% during the same period (RED LINE ON CHART) and the 3 major market indexes during that same time (Dow, Nasdaq, S&P) are each up only about 15%. (Green, Yellow, Brown lines)

I don't see CNH on many "buy" lists, but they are not on many "sell" lists either. Seems to me there is little basis for a rumor like this? Thoughts? From other financal information I can see the company seems to be reasonably sound, it is not setting the world on fire, but it is doing OK. Its worldwide scope is allowing it to compete in developing nations where construction equipement sales are growing.

66535d1166707077-case-up-sale-picture-1.png

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 795
   / Is Case up for sale?
Bob_Skurka said:
Has anyone looked at the stock price for CNH or the overall financials for this company? I see no logic for the rumor based on their performance.

Look at their chart, over a 2 year span, their stock is up nearly 50% (BLUE LINE ON CHART). Deere is up about 32% during the same period (RED LINE ON CHART) and the 3 major market indexes during that same time (Dow, Nasdaq, S&P) are each up only about 15%. (Green, Yellow, Brown lines)

I don't see CNH on many "buy" lists, but they are not on many "sell" lists either. Seems to me there is little basis for a rumor like this? Thoughts? From other financal information I can see the company seems to be reasonably sound, it is not setting the world on fire, but it is doing OK. Its worldwide scope is allowing it to compete in developing nations where construction equipement sales are growing.

66535d1166707077-case-up-sale-picture-1.png
Bob you make a very good point.

I do not remember where the stock was or the companies condition when Fiat purchased them. What I do remember is the old adage "Buy low sell high" or sometimes it is best to concentrate on your core business. Neither one of those may pertasin here. I am not advicating the rumor is founded or not but since I have been in the tractor/equipment industry, it seems like as soon as I think I have heard it all something new surprizes me.

Neil, In regard to size of each company I could be wrong but I thought Kmart having just emerged from bankruptcy, was a much smaller company the Sears and I thought it was Kmart that purchased Sears. If so Stranger
things could happen.
Time will tell.

Happy Holidays and Happy tractoring.
Chipperman

/ Is Case up for sale? #15  
MessickFarmEqu said:
CNH is a larger company than AGCO is, I can't see how they could financialy arrange a buyout. Now the CEO of CNH recently left to go work for AGCO. Maybe thats where that came from.
When Case bought IH, Case was a much smaller company.

/ Is Case up for sale? #16  
MessickFarmEqu said:
There's also a press release on the Case site detailing a reorginization of North American ops, several AGCO people are now with Case. Maybe CNH and AGCO will merge, who knows, stranger things have happened. Most of these mergers over the past few years seem to me to be for the sole purpose of acquiring a brand name, and that name is then diluted by producing product that competes against itself, just under different colors.

/ Is Case up for sale? #17  
dgl24087 said:
Where I live in SW Virginia, within a 50-60 radius, I have 8 JD, 5 NH, 2 Case, 4 Kubota, 2 Massey Ferguson, 1 Kioti, and 1 Farmtrac, and these are just the dealers I can think of off the top of my head. In the last 5-7 years, 2 Case dealers bit the dust, while all of the rest have remained fairly strong. In the field, JD easily outnumbers the rest combined by 10-1, maybe more.
I need to amend this, I forgot a dealer who sells Montana, Landini, and Massey Ferguson, plus one more JD.

/ Is Case up for sale? #18  
I would not be too surprised to see Case change in some way. Internaly New Holland does not seem to really know what to do with them. They are still rather seperate companies, and when it comes to getting $$ for programs and stuff New Holland often gives Case the short end of the stick.