Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden?

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #101  
Given the thousands of dollars of markup on the lawn tractor. I am surprised the dealer would not take a few bucks off.
5 years from now, what will the husky be worth and what will the deere be worth ?

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #102  
Last summer I traded a 2014 X-750 with 367 hours . I bought a new X-758 and gave my local dealer a shot . He would not put any money in my trade (a clean Tractor) and low balled me hard . Then ask list for the new one . I bought from an out of state dealer got the X-758 and a three bag Vac all for less then just a Tractor local .

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #103  
I figure a road trip will be well worth my time if I do not buy the Yamaha 1028J snow blower this year.

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #104  
lol. my parants bought a john deere from lowes or home depot few years ago when they were selling them. later when they needed warranty service for the wheel that falling off( the e clip keeps popping off ) they were told to go to john deere dealer so they did and they got scoffed at there. after several claims and no real fix, my dad gave up and drilled a hole and used a cotter pin instead of e clip to hold front wheel in.

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #105  
The Lowes an Home Depot john deere Mowers were a big mistake for John Deere .

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #106  
I found out the other day that you need a $2,000.00 USD down payment and to have a good credit rating to qualify for the $99.00 per month "special price" for a series one John Deere sub compact without attachments or added options.

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #108  
lol. my parants bought a john deere from lowes or home depot few years ago when they were selling them. later when they needed warranty service for the wheel that falling off( the e clip keeps popping off ) they were told to go to john deere dealer so they did and they got scoffed at there. after several claims and no real fix, my dad gave up and drilled a hole and used a cotter pin instead of e clip to hold front wheel in.

Sorry not buying that- sounds like a story to me - Every John Deere sold at big box store is set up by a John deere dealer and comes with the dealer "sticker" on it

.. and what do you mean when they were selling them- they still sell them by the hundreds of thousands a year

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #109  
I found out the other day that you need a $2,000.00 USD down payment and to have a good credit rating to qualify for the $99.00 per month "special price" for a series one John Deere sub compact without attachments or added options.

What part surprised you the 2k down-- or fact you need good credit?

/ Is every Deere dealer inflexible on lawn & garden? #110  
Smoothas;4787394 said:
What part surprised you the 2k down-- or fact you need good credit?
===============================================================================

The size of the down payment surprised me. The base price for the Series 1 base model is 5K more than what
I paid for a 2008 Isuzu I290 2 wheel drive pick up with 2,012 miles on it in 2010.