Is everything working too much to ask.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #1  

skylarkguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA
Fired up the NAA for the first time in months. Put the battery on the charger last night once reinstalled, she ran with just a few cranks. Loader cycles with no hesitation...3 point though not a hint of wanting to raise....gripe over, back to work fool.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #2  
Yes - but how old is your NAA - - '53, '54 ----. A long time just sitting - - perhaps better after its warmed up.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #3  
check the hyd oil.

if it has oil, then see if it needs priming.

pull the inverted hex plug on the pump or alternately, on the small option cover under the seat, and then turn over / run till you see oil. if no oil, leave the plugs open, get your air blow gun and a rag, and put some air pressure to the hyds sump.. just a few psi.

during this test have hte 3pt control all the way up.

once you see oil at one of the plugs, close them.

post back.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #4  
Ahh the joy of using old iron.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #5  
Yep.. sometimes you have to work on them before you can work with them.

/ Is everything working too much to ask.
I took the old beast for a drive around the grounds...by the time i made it back (say 8 to 10 minutes). The 3 point had come up...
Hooked up the tiller and worked up the garden patch. I probably need to clean out the utf one more time because it still looks a little cloudy from water...but better than the sludge i got out last summer. All in all compared to the condition when i got the machine there have been lots of improvement. It runs smoother with a little bit of choke...so some dinking with the carb is likely.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #7  
try enriching the main jet a hair.

Before you change the hyd oil again, dump in a can of seafoam transtune and give it a few victory laps around the yard.

/ Is everything working too much to ask. #8  
To get motivation to work on the old iron I look at the prices of new tractors. For the price of a new one I can install a inground pool!

/ Is everything working too much to ask.
Thanks SG