Snow Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"?

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #21  
I have the 62 inch blower.

Sorry the time estimate does not include the time to put on or take off the loader. That takes about 10-15 mins.

I had a long discussion with the dealer last night
He stated at the end of the winter I would need to take the pto shaft and support bracket off of the tractor, and re install it in the fall.
How tough is that?

The dealer seemed to be pushing me towards the rear mount

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #22  
I just got the 72" front blower and it does not appear to be that hard....

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #23  
I had a long discussion with the dealer last night
He stated at the end of the winter I would need to take the pto shaft and support bracket off of the tractor, and re install it in the fall.
How tough is that?QUOTE]

This is because you will not be able to mount your front grill if you leave the bracket....that is if you want your grill guard ON. I just upgraded to CT440 and have the blower mount installed in it and I am not removing it... too much work. I will try to install my grill with it but right now it is not possible without some modifications... That will be a project next spring. Some welding will be needed on the way I want my grill install.

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #24  
If you leave the bracket on the tractor the brush guard will not fit ( without modification) I leave mine on the tractor (which also reduces the time needed to change over to the snowblower from the FEL.) all I do is remove the small bracket that holds the front of the PTO shaft, only four bolts, slip the PTO shaft off the mid PTO and you are done. In the fall, reverse the process in 10 to 15 mins. As to not having the brush guard on, my feeling is that the FEL acts as a brush guard. Noe I do not spend a lot of time running around in the woods so maybe not having the brush guard is more important to someone who does. I don't know your situation so just consider this as an option when considering front versus rear blowers. All the best.

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #25  
well the dealer e mailed me a quote last night, almost $5700 for a 62" front mount installed Bobcat unit.
Interesting. Being a total noob, I'm looking at all the tractor brand threads if there is a dealer reasonably near by. Just went through the Bobcat site and when configuring a new tractor the price for the 63" front blower is $5110. Of course that doesn't include sales tax so depending on tax in your state, $5700 might be MSRP + sales tax.

They have a deal on new tractors through Oct. If you don't want their cheap financing you can get cash or a front blower. Doesn't say which one but I'm guessing for the CT235 it would be the 49" which they list as $3675. Cash is $2500. So you can get a great deal on a probably too small blower or ~ half the price of a so-so sized blower. The 6' blower is a whopping $6410.

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #26  
oh well.. i have to show ya mine....hehe. I'll come over and snow blow your roof
To a total know nothing, that looks like a great setup. Drop the blower, pick up the bucket? Seems like a fast swap.

I don't suppose one can mix and match all these accessories?

If you have one of those town plow banks, is a blower all that bad compared to picking it up and moving it with the FEL?
At the moment we live in town and have to shovel the driveway and the town plow banks at the end of the driveway (2 cars wide). Seems like if we can do it with a shovel, a big snow blower should be a WHOLE lot better even if you have to be more patient than smashing through it with the FEL. But again, I'm a NOOB!

I'm in the "don't really want to look over my shoulder to plow" age group :)

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #27  
To a total know nothing, that looks like a great setup. Drop the blower, pick up the bucket? Seems like a fast swap.

I don't suppose one can mix and match all these accessories?

If you have one of those town plow banks, is a blower all that bad compared to picking it up and moving it with the FEL?
At the moment we live in town and have to shovel the driveway and the town plow banks at the end of the driveway (2 cars wide). Seems like if we can do it with a shovel, a big snow blower should be a WHOLE lot better even if you have to be more patient than smashing through it with the FEL. But again, I'm a NOOB!

I'm in the "don't really want to look over my shoulder to plow" age group :)

If the plow bank is super wet and hard a blower might have an issue blowing thru it. On my rear blower tractor, i had to break it up with the loader bucket first then turn and blow it. I'm hoping with this tractor i can simply raise it towards the top of pile and blow that, then lower it down to get the rest....well see.

I plan on using the plow for small snowfall (less than 8") and the blower for the larger hits. We have had over 36" fall overnight in the past. Hopefully never again:mad:.

Ive gotten to the point that my body wont allow me to look over my shoulder to plow anymore. After 8 hours of it, i cant turn my head back forewards for awhile without sever pain.

I have about 800-900 feet of my own roads to do PLUS 2.5 miles of association roads. Then i have to clear the snow piles falling off the barn roof so the horses can exit the barn. Then i have to clear the snow shed from all the other buildings so it doesnt block the shedding action from the sun. Then add some neighbors driveways and the fun never ends. Again i can swap out the bucket, plow or blower in a little over 1 minute (2 minutes including attaching the hyd hoses for the blower i suppose). The hydraulic tank in the rear 3 point hitch will stay attached all winter and add ballast.

But i do LOVE the snow. Now the cab tractor might make moving it bearable. After all the plowing is done, i have to hook up the sleigh and horses and go for a spin.

Attachments

• IMGA0065.JPG
    IMGA0065.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 421
  • P1011084.JPG
    P1011084.JPG
    668.2 KB · Views: 536
   / Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #28  
But i do LOVE the snow. Now the cab tractor might make moving it bearable. After all the plowing is done, i have to hook up the sleigh and horses and go for a spin.

You gonna put a cab on that sleigh, Brother?? Looks mighty cold!!

Great pics, I love 'em!!

/ Is Front Mounted Snowblower "PITA"? #29  
You gonna put a cab on that sleigh, Brother?? Looks mighty cold!!

Great pics, I love 'em!!

hehe..not a bad idea. It is kinda cold, but no too bad. as love as the wind isnt blowing outside.

Blowing wet snow on the JD was WAYYYYY colder