Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #11  
OOOOWCH!!

Ok, class, for your first project, here at Jr. High Fabricating...

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( upside down )</font>

non you know that is right...that way you can read it when you look over the back of the tractor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It worked fine... )</font>

Those are the three most important words you could have said. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifWhat if you had a really pretty subsoiler with beautiful welds and perfectly aligned decals that broke the first time you used it? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Would you recommend that subsoiler to other folks? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just think tractor implements that work for a reasonable price are far more important than looks. For me, King Kutter has always performed well for the price. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #14  
Same thing around here. There are 3 TSC stores within 20 miles. I think alot of it is the factory paint jobs stink on the KK, and the shipping/handling is rough. I bought a 7' rear blade from Bomgaars (competitor of TSC) made by Howse. Poor paint job and very scraped up. But it was cheap and they had it in stock.

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #15  
JimI… I disagree with you on this one. I have only used it for one trenching project to burry wire. To get to the point where I could use it I had to reform the clevis so that it would accept my toplink, had to make a backing plate so that I could attach the subsoiler blade, made a trip to the hardware store to buy the correct bolt to mount the blade and had my cousin reweld two of the welds that were barely holding. My cousin is a welder by trade and he said that whoever welded the unit had never welded before. In fact he joked with me and said that maybe they got mixed up and had the painter doing the welding and welder doing the painting! Not sure who would have been in charge of applying the logos.

In my opinion, it is unacceptable to deliver a product with that poor of workmanship. Regardless of price. When I talked with them I explained that I was not looking for a refund and I did not plan to return the unit. I was just giving them some feedback on some quality issues. They didn’t even thank me for letting them know; they just said “well, sometimes those things happen”.

John

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #16  
<font color="blue"> I bought a 7' rear blade from Bomgaars (competitor of TSC) made by Howse. Poor paint job and very scraped up. But it was cheap and they had it in stock. </font>

I put King Kutter's and Howse's quality at about the same.
Both have lousy paint jobs, poor welds (don't cut yourself on the welds like I did!), and rust on them before you even get them home.

I have one Howse implement and one King Kutter implement. As often as I use either one, they suit me fine, but I spend a little more money for the things I use more often.

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #17  
I'm hoping this weekend I can put the blade to the test. If my Kioti busts it I guess I'll just weld it back together and reinforce the weak spot. I paid $249.00 for the 7' with tilt and angle. It should work fine for what I'm going to do.

The KK tillers look fairly good. They had them on sale for $999.00 here. Gear drive. I must say though that the boom pole at TSC is a real work of art. I got the boom pole from Bomgaars (made by Howse) for $89 on sale and it is really stout and a little bit longer than the TSC pole.

thx
Jim

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #18  
Why should KK care, you apparently didnt. If everyone takes the same additude then KK has nothing to change. Produce low quality products saves money for them.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I bought a KK XB middlebuster/subsoiler and the logos were installed upside down on it also (see picture). The overall quality of the product was terrible. Big paint runs, bad welds, the clevis for the toplink was too narrow, rust and the hardware to mount the subsoiler blade was the wrong size. I called KK to let them know about the quality issues and they were not interested in the least. I did not return the unit because I needed to use it. It worked fine but it is not much to look at.

I will be reluctant to buy another KK product. )</font>

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #19  
I think that regardless of the product there is no excuse for Slock fit and finish. I am in the business of supplying material to OEM Manufacturers. You would be surprised how many don't care about what they make. If what you see is of dubious quality, what about the items you don't see. If they can't even put the decals on correctly what about the quality of the steel, welds, etc. I will shop as hard as the next guy, but I expect the quality to be acceptable.

/ Is it just our Tractor Supply or is it all of them #20  
The King Kutter equipment here in upstate New York TSC stores don't look that bad. About all I've seen are some scratches.

I have a 5 foot King Kutter brush hog, and I give it very heavy use, very often, and it's never let me down. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another King Kutter implement.