Is it me or is this sight still slow?

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
Not all the time but most. I have high speed Internet (ADSL) and other web pages refresh instantly but TBN will just sit there a couple of seconds after clicking. I don't recall this speed difference before, say, a month ago.
Still the best sight on the Internet though and I thank Muhammad for it.
-Terry

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #2  
Yeah, me too - I have a cable hookup, and I was just grinding like it was a bad dial up connection at 0530 Eastern this morning. Other sites (google searches) were faster. I sorta tend to blame the cable company, though..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just thought I'd toos my experience in there, too - not too whine, but in case it is of value. And I do regularly mark all threads as read on the main page.....since I was clued in.

It's a lot better now (0913 Eastern), by the way.

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #3  
Yeah me too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

These slowdowns tend to occur when more than 100 people are simultaneously accessing the board (5-9 am ET and 6-10 pm). We are working today to see what the optimum RAM configuration needs to be to get rid of this slowness. Thanks for your patience.

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow?
Thanks Hakim,
Couldn't figure out why it was only sometimes.
-Terry

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #5  
Yep, I'm gettin' the same thing; sometimes almost instant response and sometimes 6 to 15 seconds. Just figured it was because Comcast has bought out AT&T broadband service.

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #6  
<font color="red"> and I was just grinding like it was a bad dial up connection at 0530 Eastern this morning. </font>

I HAVE a bad dial up connection at home, and I also had problems at about 5:30. Mine timed out a few time. But hey, good things are worth waiting for. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #7  
We'll be tripling our ram from 512mb to 1.5gb within a couple weeks. That should fix the problem.

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #9  
<font color="blue"> Just figured it was because Comcast has bought out AT&T broadband service.
</font>

Gee Bird, I thought it was just me who thought that way!

Glad to know I'm in good company... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems like since comcast took over things are going downhill slowly. I hope they get their act together...guess all transitions have problems...still...comcast...well I better just keep those thoughs to myself... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Is it me or is this sight still slow? #10  
Bill, earlier this afternoon I couldn't get Comcast's own "Home Page". I don't remember the exact message, but something about not being authorized access. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Anyway, it's working again now.

I guess you read the news about all the high powered lobbyists Comcast has been hiring recently. I'll be surprised if the prices don't go up and the service down. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif