Is it me or the 7TL design

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #1  

madhouse

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
My Bobtach assembly completely folded in half. I went to drop my snow bucket and pick up my bale spear and I found it bent.

Last November I had the loader arm pin break for the Bobtach and bend everything

Last winter I had the loader are end insert come off!

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with their 7TL or is it just that I overuse my equipment?

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 190
   / Is it me or the 7TL design #2  
From the pictures you show, wow. That quick attach is pretty shabby though. Any idea who made it?
ATI makes one that may or may not be better (about a grand) Tach-All Quick Attach, Loader Attachments, ATI Corporation
With some more gusseting and tie-in, (I think) a beefed up version could be done to yours for a few hundred. Hopefully you’ve found all the weak points.

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #3  
You might want to add these additional pics to the "other thread" that you started since there's more activity over there. :)

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #4  
Well. A good friend that builds, sells, and repairs loader components all day long, tells me much of the damage he sees is from people being too "rammy".

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #5  
Well. A good friend that builds, sells, and repairs loader components all day long, tells me much of the damage he sees is from people being too "rammy".

no operator finesse ,just crash and bash ...:)

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #6  
Hardly any excuse if you have a hydrostat.

/ Is it me or the 7TL design

I have certainly represented "rammy" in the past. However, this latest failure shouldn't be affected by rammy in the least. It was simply lifting that caused the SSQA to fold... ramming would push it flat.

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #8  
I'm thinking a pin failed, no? Hard to tell how that was put together from the picture. Maybe something stupid like a 29 cent retaining clip.

/ Is it me or the 7TL design
I'm thinking a pin failed, no? Hard to tell how that was put together from the picture. Maybe something stupid like a 29 cent retaining clip.

A year ago the loader arm pivot fell off.
This past November a pin failed at the grease port "T" in the pin.
Yesterday (actually Sunday when moving snow) the SSQA plate collapsed.

My local welder does a great job - I'm just tired of seeing how good he is!

/ Is it me or the 7TL design #10  
I am still a little confused. I would have put up each picture with a description of what we we supposed to be looking at. I am still not sure what you refer to as a collapsed plate. Maybe I'm just slow.