Is it time to consider electric?

/ Is it time to consider electric? #151  
Electric mowers for the business you are in are not practical. I'm sure both sides of this discussion can agree on that.
You’re correct, but I’m not the one suggesting using a commercial electric mower :rolleyes:

/ Is it time to consider electric? #153  
Imagine paying employees by the hour when they are waiting for a mower to charge.
Maybe they could “clean the truck” on my dime while it charges ?

With all the inflation, whats a few more bucks thrown away? After all, the 60” electric mower was only $27,000 + tax.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #154  
Of course this mower will go into freewheel if it runs out of power.

Just look at all the golfers that drown every year because their golf cart runs out of juice on top of the hill above the water hazard.

What about the untold numbers of injured warehouse workers who have gone over the edge of the loading dock when their forklift battery gave out.

Heck, go see for yourself. Pull the battery off the cordless drill in your garage and the chuck will spin freely.

Plenty of genuine limitations to battery powered equipment. No need to fabricate new ones.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #155  
Now that we have the mower all figured out, let's work on the 645hp tractor that runs 24 hours a day.
In this scenario, you are specifically talking about the consistency of the power source (i.e. battery) correct?

Last edited:
   / Is it time to consider electric? #156  
And I'll have there zero turn in the next few weeks. They make a regular garden tractor, walk behind and 2 zero steer venisons.
And a minibike!

/ Is it time to consider electric? #159  
The best part about all the electric outdoor power equipment is most of it is made by our very best ally, China.
Good people who mean us no harm at all.

“Not a joke”

/ Is it time to consider electric? #160  
Ouch, those Ego batteries list for $500 each.

You guys just love complaining about the cost of batteries.

Do you have a crank on your car or tractor? So, $200 or $300 for a new lead acid battery, and that's OK?

What about a pony on your CAT? Or did you just buy bigger batteries?

Does your tractor have a 10 gallon tank? So every time you fill up, another $40 or so? How many tank fulls a year? Or is the tank bigger? My old CAT... 100 gallon fuel tank. I'm not looking forward to filling that one!!!

So your mower may take several batteries, but they should last you quite some time with minimal charging cost.