Is it time to consider electric?

/ Is it time to consider electric? #1  

R Coz

Tractor
John Deere 553
I think this looks interesting and got me thinking if PT would ever make an electric model Nesher Equipment I have no issues with Gasoline or Diesel but do admire the simplicity of an electric motor driving the current hydraulics.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #3  
Like has been discussed before, there is a place for electric but it isn’t every place. Same with gas, diesel, etc.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #4  
Could you imagine the inferno from a Lithium battery pack in a skid loader? Better park that puppy outside and far from buildings or flammables.

Makes worrying about tiny cordless tool battery packs seem trivial (but it’s not)

/ Is it time to consider electric? #5  
I'm curious what PT will do once they run out of Deutz engines that don't have DPF emissions on them. They already no longer have a diesel for the 1430 model.

/ Is it time to consider electric?
I'm curious what PT will do once they run out of Deutz engines that don't have DPF emissions on them. They already no longer have a diesel for the 1430 model.
Bobcat has a Tier 4 engine without DPF; maybe that tech could become more widespread. I think the 1430 without a diesel is a big miss. However, I might just be unnecessarily biased against gasoline.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #8  
IMO, the PT425/1430 are really nice sized machines, but the lack of any diesel engines for either of those models is a big miss.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #9  
   / Is it time to consider electric? #10  
Could you imagine the inferno from a Lithium battery pack in a skid loader? Better park that puppy outside and far from buildings or flammables.

Makes worrying about tiny cordless tool battery packs seem trivial (but it’s not)
There are more fires from gasoline cars than battery powered cars. Better also park all your gas and diesel equipment out back, spaced at least 50 feet apart.

But, yes, I might also consider design requirements of electric vehicles and equipment. A good place to keep them weather protected and considering how to recharge them.

Those Nesher machines look interesting. And a heck of a lot less expensive than the Bobcat electrics.

Interesting choice of video clip with the machine slowly driving across a field unloaded.