Is it too early to take off my MMM ?

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #11  
Kent,

I put my MMM back on last night to mow, (was doing some dirt work this weekend). I was 90% sure that it is easier to hook the front supports up first then the rear. Well I was 90% wrong /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif.

Hook the rear supports up first, then the front.

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ?
No problem Hazmat.

I think I figured it out from the other 3 times. Maybe????Although the last time was the worst. Thanks again

Kent

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #13  
Hey kent,

Thought I'd revive this thread. Mowed for the last time this weekend (a couple weeks overdue) & the tractor is now in winter mode. MMM & Aerator are stored in the shed. Plow & FEL ready to go on tractor in garage.

I was very excited to be able to fit the Aerator & MMM in the shed. Opens up some space in the garage for some firewood that I'll be using with our soon to be installed wood stove. Although my back is a little sore from pushing, prying, and lifting the [censored] things over the 4" step to get into the shed.

Some day I'll have a barn proper!

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #14  
"Careful with "beasties" if you bring your firewood into your garage. You don't want the bugs in your frame or furniture!

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #15  
thanks for the tip,

I'll keep my eye on it, if the bugs decide to hang out, the firewood will be back out in the cold. I was only planning on stocking up a week or two's worth anyway, just so I don't have to get all wet if it's raining or snowing out.

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #16  
Steelfan,
here's what i do. Put the loader on and lower your deck. you can leave it at your cutting highth. take all pins out. start tractor and with brake on curl loader to raise front of tractor. Roll the deck out then unhook the pto shaft as it will slide apart when you pull the deck out. The reason i put the loader on first is...the only time my loader is off is when the mmm is on. When i mow the only thing on is the deck and thats it. Just my way of doing it. It only takes 5-10 minutes to put it or take it off anyways
Larry

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #17  
I figured out that helpful hint about 2 weeks ago. In the past I would take off the MMM and then put on the FEL. Work like a champ but makes me nervous working around it with the bucket curled

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #18  
It may seem like alot of busy work, but my MMM goes on and off every week during the summer. There's enough "stuff" to do besides mowing in the summer, where the deck gets in the way. It probably takes between 5 and 10 minutes to do the deed either on or off.

If you don't do it often, just the prospect can seem intimidating, but the more you mount/unmount the MMM the easier it gets. If you just mount/unmount basically once a season, it's like starting over new each time...it's hard to develop a technique that works for you.

The toughest part for me was trying to manhandle the deck when positioning under the tractor for installation, then pulling the deck out from under the tractor after unmounting. So, I built a small angle iron frame with small castors on each corner. Now, moving the deck around is much easier on my back.

OkieG

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #19  
REVISION - Still haven't mothballed the decks. Ths past Saturday I chopped/blew leaves with it. The grass hadn't grown much at all, but the leaves needed "raked". Only about half of them were off the trees Saturday, but many have fallen since. Looks like it'll be another week or so till the mowing (leaf, really) season is 100% done.

Due to the lack of a proper barn, the deck is always on and off each time I use it. Since it's a 3PH hookup, it's only about two minutes each way......................chim

/ Is it too early to take off my MMM ? #20  
Steelfan,

Here are a couple pictures of my MMM dolly.

Attachments

• 47-209392-MVC-028S.JPG
    47-209392-MVC-028S.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 62