Is it wrong to be excited for the snow?

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #41  
GREAT snow pics - AMAZING picture & holy crap is that deep. I live in the Southern CA. Desert so snow refuses to visit us. Althoug this week we had some hit the mountains.

10418864_10207184152635323_5398256252279113375_n.jpg

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #43  
Northeastern Maryland, taken earlier today with around 18" on the ground. Snow is about wrapped up now with a total of around 30". Plowed the 500' driveway twice with the PT, tough going both times, just a bit of clean up to do in the morning...

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #44  
   / Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #45  
The wife was all excited that the weatherman said we may get 1-2" so she was up about every hour to look. We got NONE. We usually get a couple of snows each year in the 4-6" range. So far this year NADA. It sure is pretty to see on the trees. As long as it doesn't get too cold and no freezing rain storms that knock out the power I am OK. I love to watch the snow fall when it just quietly drifts down when no wind is blowing.

Little Rock Arkansas is about 70 miles away and they got a pretty good storm. Actually the snow covered the ground not more than 7 miles north of my house, but we didn't get even one snow flake.

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #46  
Here are a few thoughts after I did my second cleanup. The first round went well and there was about 10-12" and could plow it well, no crabbing or such. I have no chains on the machine, and after today don't think I will put them on there. I could see where it spun a lot on the tires, but a lot easier then having to chain up and mess concrete and other places I sit or place the machine.
The snow I cleaned up today was about 20" on top of the first cleanup I did, and was REAL wet, so there was no plowing to it, mainly push about a foot at a time and then just lift the plow up and raise the stacks higher.
My neighbor has a little Case with a FEL and a plow on it also, and even with all the weight on the front of his it slid all over trying to plow and had to basically just make the piles higher.
Below are a few pics (I didn't get to take any, but will give an idea of some of the snow)

k5_p2707.jpg k5_p2708.jpg k5_p2710.jpg k5_p2711.jpg k5_p2713.jpg k5_p2715.jpg k5_p2721.jpg k5_p2723.jpg k5_p2730.jpg k5_p2733.jpg k5_p2738.jpg k5_p2740.jpg k5_p2742.jpg k5_p2744.jpg

I Hope I didn't get carried away with uploading the photos, but I like to see pics of what the little PT425 can do, and think others do also. :)

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #47  
You'll find the plow is much better than the buckets for snow because of the power angle and the plow doesn't get full like a bucket does. However, there comes a time (I've had it twice in 15 years) when you just plain run out of places to put the snow and you end up spending 3-4 hours some afternoon with the large bucket shuttling the snow from the front yard to the back yard just to get rid of the stuff!!! :laughing:

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #48  
Moss, I do like the blade over using a bucket on snows like this, as you just had to move it and pile the snow up. My neighbor was using the little Case with a Bucket, and I was running circles around him.
I do have a dump trailer, I guess I could fill it up if things got real bad, but not sure it will lift high enough to get over the side and dump, and get the snow out.
I hope it will warm up enough to melt things some before the next snow gets here.

You'll find the plow is much better than the buckets for snow because of the power angle and the plow doesn't get full like a bucket does. However, there comes a time (I've had it twice in 15 years) when you just plain run out of places to put the snow and you end up spending 3-4 hours some afternoon with the large bucket shuttling the snow from the front yard to the back yard just to get rid of the stuff!!! :laughing:

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #49  
Digger, I don't think I have heard much on how you did with the machine down your way. Not sure you got as much as we did here, but I know it should have given you a chance to give the machine a good workout.

/ Is it wrong to be excited for the snow? #50  
Here are a few thoughts after I did my second cleanup. The first round went well and there was about 10-12" and could plow it well, no crabbing or such. I have no chains on the machine, and after today don't think I will put them on there. I could see where it spun a lot on the tires, but a lot easier then having to chain up and mess concrete and other places I sit or place the machine.
The snow I cleaned up today was about 20" on top of the first cleanup I did, and was REAL wet, so there was no plowing to it, mainly push about a foot at a time and then just lift the plow up and raise the stacks higher.
My neighbor has a little Case with a FEL and a plow on it also, and even with all the weight on the front of his it slid all over trying to plow and had to basically just make the piles higher.
Below are a few pics (I didn't get to take any, but will give an idea of some of the snow)

View attachment 454828 View attachment 454829 View attachment 454830 View attachment 454831 View attachment 454832 View attachment 454833 View attachment 454834 View attachment 454835 View attachment 454836 View attachment 454837 View attachment 454838 View attachment 454839 View attachment 454840 View attachment 454841

I Hope I didn't get carried away with uploading the photos, but I like to see pics of what the little PT425 can do, and think others do also. :)

Nice ..:thumbsup: