Traction Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time?

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #1  

houssamattal

Tractor
Model 2185, 1999 and Model L3200 HST, 2012
I am a little confused with the transmission on my L3200 HST (2012 model). Is it at 4 wheel drive all the time? When the front wheel drive lever is engaged, does the tractor become 4 wheel drive or does it shift from 4 wheel drive to only front wheel drive? Thank you!

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #2  
If you have the shifter in 4wd then it is always in 4wd. If the shifter is in 2wd then only the rear tires are driving.

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #3  
look at the little picture by the lever, when the line in the middle goes all the way to both ends of the picture both ends of the tractor are connected and you have 4wd, when there is a gap in the line only the rear is working. fwd on a tractor means 4 wheel drive not "front" wheel drive

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #4  
This info is also in your manual.

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #5  
And then there is the pedal on the floor that is the differential lock.

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #6  
You can also "notice" that you are in 4wd on a hard surface like pavement when you turn the wheels you may feel in the steering wheel some resistance and notice some tire "scubbing". If you put the tractor in 2wd the steering wheel will make easy turns on a hard surface. As for the differential lock near your left heel on a HST model, it is for locking the 2 rear wheels together so that if one rear wheel is on a very slippery surface (ice or mud or unsupported in the air) and the other rear wheel/tire has good traction then the tire with poor traction will spin but the tire with the good tractive surface will not. By pressing and holding the differential lock down with your left heel, then both tires will spin together to pull you off of the "hole" or slippery surface you were on. Then let up off of the pedal and allow it to click back up by itself. Do NOT stomp on the pedal while spinning rapidly, you want to either be stopped or only barely moving the tire when you engage the pedal, You will feel it move into place and engage. If stopped you may have to press slightly on the hydro pedal with your right foot, to engage the differential lock with your left heel. when you feel it engage, hold it down until you are clear of the "thing that has you stuck then release it. If you use differential lock in this manner it will last for the lifetime of the tractor, if you abuse it, it will break. Another thing you can do to get yourself unstuck is by pressing on one or the other of the split brakes, in other words by slowing down the spinning wheel you can speed up the stationary wheel. This is more difficult to do with older Kubota's as the brake pedals are on the same side as the Hydrostat pedal.. You can do the "kubota shuffle" by shuffeling your left foot over to the right side, or use your cruise control to set the hydro pedal position and then brake with your right foot. Split brake steering like this can be useful when you need to steer when on ice and turning the front tires is not getting the tractor to go in the direction you want it to go. I hope these little tips have been of some value to you..

James K0UA

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time?
Well, this is the HST model, so there is no 4WD shifter and no 4WD lever. I do know about the differential pedal, but that is not what I am asking about. And based on how I feel, it appears that the tractor is rear wheel driving. The only lever available is the one that puts the tractor in front wheel drive (according to manual which I already consulted but mentions nothing about the subject). Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks again!

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #8  
I'm willing to bet that you've got 4WD (lever pulled back) and Rear wheel drive (lever pushed forward).

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #9  
Well, this is the HST model, so there is no 4WD shifter and no 4WD lever. I do know about the differential pedal, but that is not what I am asking about. And based on how I feel, it appears that the tractor is rear wheel driving. The only lever available is the one that puts the tractor in front wheel drive (according to manual which I already consulted but mentions nothing about the subject). Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks again!
I don't have HST, but unless I'm very wrong, your rear wheels always pull. When you engage front wheel drive they will pull also, thus making 4wd.

/ Is Kubota L3200 HST at 4 wheel drive all the time? #10  
There is a handle you pull up and push down near your left leg. Do you see the label showing the tractor drive line with the front wheels disconnected? If I remember it is pull up on the T handle for 4wd and push down for 2wd.