Is the 2520 made in the US?

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #11  
I looked at a 2520. The salesman told me it was made in Augusta, Georgia. He also told me the only place you can buy tires for a Kubota was at the dealer. So I don't know if you could believe a word he said.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #12  
Hi,
As 94bullitt said i own a ccy sx3100 and it is a twin to the jd2720. Yanmar makes the tractor for jd and jd uses some green paint. My sticker on the frame says yanmar made in japan. Safe to say its made in japan and put together in the states. As far as the rops sticker i would say that is for the rops only. One **** of a tractor i gotta say but then again my view is bias :licking:. Yanmar has had a relationship with jd for years. i personaly like the black and yellow paint better and i almost forgot the 6k price saving. i hope that green paint has gold flakes in it.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #13  
2305/2320/2520/2720 are indeed built in japan and shipped over. the Augusta GA plant warehouses them.
The GA plant does build the new 1000 series, and the 3000, 4000, and 5E limited and 5M tractors.
the 5E (5045E-5075E) are the Pune India factory models that also warehoused in GA.
they may come in containers less wheels/tires, but the imported tractors are basically shipped assembled,
thus the "made in japan" sticker on the 2000's. (including 3005/4005)
The rops is another story, same with cabs and rops on gators etc, they all can have separate serial numbers
with manufacturer info.

if any of you get a chance as owners to tour the facility in Augusta, go for it! Great factory, all high tech,
robot carts move tractors around the assembly line to the different assy stations. very cool!

/ Is the 2520 made in the US?
Sounds like john deere needs to tell there customer service not to lie to customers. Also the dealers are all liars as well.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #15  
hmm,
i have never lied to a customer about where a tractor was manufactured, if i didn't know, i told them
that, or i looked it up.
customer service really wants nothing to do with customers, seems like they will always refer to the dealer,
from what i have heard.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #16  
I looked at a 2520. The salesman told me it was made in Augusta, Georgia. . So I don't know if you could believe a word he said.
Did you see if their pants were on fire like the Progressive insurance ad, Or maybe they were already burned completely off.

He also told me the only place you can buy tires for a Kubota was at the dealer
So only a real idiot would belief this statement and a bigger one to make such a statement.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #17  
GARY , you have such a way with words .

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #18  
I just looked at the frame tag on my 3320. It says "assembled in USA" . Not made. I've seen parts on it from Italy, China, Brazil and the USA. Plus the engine, Japan. I will say that most of the parts do say USA on them. I guess JD is keeping stuff made here when possible.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US? #19  
It always amazes me how this discussion flares up from time to time. Today's John Deere is a huge multinational company that builds and sources components all over the world. Just as with the automotive industry, the term "made in" has little meaning today. Until recently, nearly all of the Deere compact tractors were made by Yanmar, and had been since the 1980's. After Yanmar bought Cub Cadet and started selling their own version of the JD 2720, Deere seems to be on a mission to distance themselves and differentiate their products from Yanmar. Hence, the newer 1000 series and doing the assembly in the US. I own a 2520, which was built by Yanmar in Osaka Japan, and says so very clearly on the serial number plate.

/ Is the 2520 made in the US?
Here is the official response from John Deere to me when I asked where the 2520 is made.

Dear Barry xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting our Web site. The 2305, 2320, 2520, 2720 – Manufactured by Yanmar in Japan with final assembly in Grovetown, Georgia (20% work content @ Grovetown) The 3320, 3520, 3720 - Manufactured in Grovetown, Georgia.