Is the 2615 4WD enough for me?

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #1  

Rickstir

Silver Member
Hard by the Elk Fork of the Salt River, Missouri
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 4110
I will be mowing about 3 acres with a finishing mower, bush hogging occasionally but nothing that has not been mowed before. Also tilling a 30 x 80 garden in the spring and fall with a Yanmar 5ft. gear driven tiller. I will also work up about 2 acres in food plots. Mostly level ground but some with a slight slope.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #2  
Bought mine for two acres of brush hogging and 600 yards of private road to maintain in summer/winter. We get 4 feet of snow that will need to be removed. I have no dought it will handle it fine (building starts as soon as the snow comes off). My .02

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #3  
Rickstir said:
I will be mowing about 3 acres with a finishing mower, bush hogging occasionally but nothing that has not been mowed before. Also tilling a 30 x 80 garden in the spring and fall with a Yanmar 5ft. gear driven tiller. I will also work up about 2 acres in food plots. Mostly level ground but some with a slight slope.
I don't see any reason it wouldn't easily do your work.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #4  
It would suite you just perfectly. Of all of Mahindra's compact line up, the 2615 is my favorite. It's kind of like an old school workhorse. Just a personal preference, but I just can't stomach all of the plastic on the others.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #5  
I basically do all the things you mentioned with my 2015. (except I have a 4 foot tiller) You will have no problem at all.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #6  
Rickstir said:

2415 or bigger will do you fine.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #7  
At my local Mahindra dealer I looked at the 2515HST first. Then I moved on to the next frame size (41 series??) After talking to buddies of mine & worring about not having a big enough tractor I decided on the larger size 40HP one OR no smaller than the 3215 HST in the next frame size down.
I went to the bank to look at refinancing some things & getting a tractor. I couldn't do it. Debt ratio too scarry for me. Prayed about it. Next day found a 2006 2615HST in local swap & sell guide for $12500. Did some research on here on the 2615HST with a snowblower & some other things. prayed about it,....long story short I bought it & it has been a great tractor for me.
I have a 6.5 Acre lot that is a wooded ridge. I have 1000' all up hill driveway that I will be snowblowing.

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #8  
driver444 said:
I basically do all the things you mentioned with my 2015. (except I have a 4 foot tiller) You will have no problem at all.

Sch/NY......did you buy from the Menands dealer? Any problems? HST or geared 2015?

/ Is the 2615 4WD enough for me? #9  
I have about 10 acres to maintain, some food plots, big garden, and mowing. My 2615 seems to be the right size for me. Very happy with the tractor so far--I have a 72 inch finish mower and 5 foot tiller to play with.