Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor?

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #81  
I get the fuel from a Kroger subsidiary that the wife works at so i know they go through fuel pretty quick but I read some wheres on someones tractor they changed to a different oil and it cut it down quite a bit was the only thing I was thinking.
I'm sure it's just me not bringing the revs up enough. I had been working in one corner of my property the whole time so not really many times to get it going to stretch it's legs.
Probably talk to the dealer and see if they have any ideas this spring. 1 1/2 hour away. It's frustrating is all, hasn't stopped me from working.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #82  
The 2515 lifts more than the ck2610 and lifts it higher, too.

2200 lbs up to 105 inches vs 1835 lbs at 98.4 inches for the Kioti.

Either one is still better than the L2501 at 1131 lbs at 94.3 inches.
Where do y'all get your numbers? 2200lbs and 1835lbs is more than my L3560 with an LA805 loader to full height at pins (104 inches- 1715 lbs). That is a very heavy tractor compared to the Kioti and the L2501 (didn't look up Branson weight). I've been puckered a few times, so even if you could "lift" that much weight with those tractors- it wouldn't be safe. And don't keyboard warrior me with..... bah- a straight lift to straight dump with counterweight on back- bah..... it wouldn't be safe for a 2700# tractor (kioti) or a 2500# tractor (middle weight range L2501- none of your numbers support this next given weight lift- I get that) to try to lift 1800 plus lbs to over 7 1/2 feet regularly. Even if they could (my numbers don't support that they can) it would still leave a very unstabble load.

I looked up the Kioti..... they advertise 1800#..... at 60 inches. Nice gimmick. The Branson does advertise their numbers to max height, no argue there (although sketchy to me)

To the OP- at that HP it's all a wash. Buy what makes you happy, and any of those will for the most part. If you need footprint width, some rims from some manufacturers can be switched around for different width without wheel spacers- my Kubota can but it is a larger series than the L2501. Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202_170330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_170330_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20221202_170217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_170217_Chrome.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20221202_174044_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20221202_174044_Chrome.png
    1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
   / Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #83  
I get the fuel from a Kroger subsidiary that the wife works at so i know they go through fuel pretty quick but I read some wheres on someones tractor they changed to a different oil and it cut it down quite a bit was the only thing I was thinking.
I'm sure it's just me not bringing the revs up enough. I had been working in one corner of my property the whole time so not really many times to get it going to stretch it's legs.
Probably talk to the dealer and see if they have any ideas this spring. 1 1/2 hour away. It's frustrating is all, hasn't stopped me from working.
What RPM do you run at? I initially ran my LS at 1,800 RPM. It would Regen about every 20-30 hours. I now run it at 2,300 all the time. It regens every 5o hours.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #84  
Where do y'all get your numbers? 2200lbs and 1835lbs is more than my L3560 with an LA805 loader to full height at pins (104 inches- 1715 lbs). That is a very heavy tractor compared to the Kioti and the L2501 (didn't look up Branson weight). I've been puckered a few times, so even if you could "lift" that much weight with those tractors- it wouldn't be safe. And don't keyboard warrior me with..... bah- a straight lift to straight dump with counterweight on back- bah..... it wouldn't be safe for a 2700# tractor (kioti) or a 2500# tractor (middle weight range L2501- none of your numbers support this next given weight lift- I get that) to try to lift 1800 plus lbs to over 7 1/2 feet regularly. Even if they could (my numbers don't support that they can) it would still leave a very unstabble load.

I looked up the Kioti..... they advertise 1800#..... at 60 inches. Nice gimmick. The Branson does advertise their numbers to max height, no argue there (although sketchy to me)

To the OP- at that HP it's all a wash. Buy what makes you happy, and any of those will for the most part. If you need footprint width, some rims from some manufacturers can be switched around for different width without wheel spacers- my Kubota can but it is a larger series than the L2501. Good luck, have fun and be safe.
I noticed that people who favor a brand tend to be incredulous when faced with the fact that other brands are superior in some ways for less money.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #85  
I noticed that people who favor a brand tend to be incredulous when faced with the fact that other brands are superior in some ways for less money.

It clearly seems to be a sore subject amongst the orange fanboys as proven in this thread alone. The amount of garbage spit out there as subtle way of trashing all the other brands is just ridiculous to say the least. Things like lying about specs, marketing, etc, clearly shows that they most likely never even seen any of these tractors in person, let alone do a little bit research on them.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #86  

???

I actually went out of my way to verify the numbers and reported back. I agreed that Branson does give the numbers referenced. I accurately showed the Kioti advertisement gimmick that is often overlooked as they list weight at a below full height number. I encouraged the OP to buy whatever he wanted. I still believe in my and everyone's here safety, and will stand by 2200 lbs lifted 100" up in front of a 3000 lbs is of risk. Drive what you want, drive what you like. I bought my tractor 7 years ago for what I wanted by the specs I liked for a price I was comfortable with. I never pushed nor endorsed a brand, I mearly asked questions and gave my personal opinion on safety from my experience. You don't need to wear a seatbelt in a car, my opinion is I'll have mine on. Every tractor has something better than the next comparable, I'd just like the OP to make his decision based on accurate facts for what he needs. Afresh, I referenced that I did verify Branson does advertise the numbers previously listed by others. All you did was link the same page I looked at to verify Branson, good for you.

Last edited:
   / Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #87  
???

I actually went out of my way to verify the numbers and reported back. I agreed that Branson does give the numbers referenced. I accurately showed the Kioti advertisement gimmick that is often overlooked as they list weight at a below full height number. I encouraged the OP to buy whatever he wanted. I still believe in my and everyone's here safety, and will stand by 2200 lbs lifted 100" up in front of a 3000 lbs is of risk. Drive what you want, drive what you like. I bought my tractor 7 years ago for what I wanted by the specs I liked for a price I was comfortable with. I never pushed nor endorsed a brand, I nearly asked questions and have my petson opinion on safety from my experience. You don't need to wear a seatbelt in a car, my opinion is I'll have mine on. Every tractor has something better than the next comparable, I'd just like the OP to make his decision based on accurate facts for what he needs. Afresh, I referenced that I did verify Branson does advertise the numbers previously listed by others. All you did was link the same page I looked at to verify Branson, good for you.
It's ironic that if you have an orange tractor and disagree with something posted about any other brand, you automatically are labelled as a hater.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #88  
It's ironic that if you have an orange tractor and disagree with something posted about any other brand, you automatically are labelled as a hater.
Bingo.

Labeled a hater, or fanboy, or whatever

The ONLY thing (IMO) superior about the Branson is paper specs. Nothing more.

I'd love to see one of these Branson owners lift a ton to max height on their 2900# machine and post the pics to prove it.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #89  
Bingo.

Labeled a hater, or fanboy, or whatever

The ONLY thing (IMO) superior about the Branson is paper specs. Nothing more.

I'd love to see one of these Branson owners lift a ton to max height on their 2900# machine and post the pics to prove it.
A video would be better. Probably posted in the "Safety" forums.

/ Is the Kubota L2501 the largest 25 hp, non regen tractor? #90  

They all suck evenly.

Green. Red. Orange. Blue. Green. red. Red. Orange.

Junk

I own a mahindra but I dont recomend then. I dont have issue with mine and love it but still